3.53/500 (retaking) - School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbars

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a traditional applicant for the 2021-2022 cycle. I need some assistance from you good people. I am hoping to get some advice for my school list based on my stats, which are below:

GPA: 3.525/4.0
MCAT: 500 --> Retaking in July

Experience:
1. I worked at a Nephrology practice for the past few summers as a medical scribe/medical assistant/billing assistant. (800 hours+). I had a lot of patient interaction from this position.
2. Helped to start a charity organization that helps in denting middle eastern poverty. I was actively involved in creating chapters at 6 other colleges and 4 high schools. We have currently raised over $50,000+.
3. My senior year, I helped to start the business division of this charity, acting as its vice president. Part of the funds we raised go back into the charity.
4. I worked as a tutor for one summer.
5. For 2 summers, I was a mentor in a volunteering program at a local hospital. I supervised a cohort of new volunteers and was a resource for them during their volunteering shifts.
6. Attended a contact tracing workshop that provided certification for me as well as taught me about health inequities in my community.

Research:
1. 2 peer-reviewed publications (published in a school journal). I was awarded a research award for both publications.
2. Bench Research (Breast Cancer genes) (3 years)
3. Clinical Research (Congestive Heart Failure) (1 year). I was able to present at an ultrasound conference and conduct a live Q&A. Additionally, I did a poster presentation for a research program at my institution, and also conducted a live Q&A.

Volunteering:
1. COPE Health Scholars program (260+ hours)
2. Summer volunteering program at my local hospital (150+ hours)
3. Volunteered at a homeless shelter in my hometown (~30 hours)
4. Mentor program at my institution (1 year)
5. Doctors without Borders Chapter (1 year)

Shadowing:
1. I have ~150 hours as showing physicians. Both DO and MD.
DO: Family medicine, orthopedic surgery
MD: Nephrology, neurology, orthopedic surgery, cardiology

Mission Trip:
1. I went on a mission trip to Hawaii. Yes, I know it's Hawaii, but there is a surprisingly large homeless and impoverished population that I was able to help while I was there.

I am hoping to get a school list for DO as well as MD. I understand that my GPA and MCAT are not as high as they should, but I am planning on seeing a large score improvement on my MCAT retake and that my EC's can give me an edge.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: