3.55/3.88/25?? Now what do I do??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisv2k

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I just got my MCAT Scores back: 25. This is my second 25. I already signed up again for the July 25th retake but I'm afraid it's going to be too late by the time results come through to apply; it will be deep into the process.

Should I attempt to apply to the DO schools I want now or should I wait? Or should I apply to carribean schools? Now? Should I even retake the MCAT?

My Science GPA: 3.88
Overall GPA 3.55

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

The worst thing in the world you could do after getting your second 25 on the MCAT is to take it again right away. What's your score breakdown?

Anyway, what are your ECs like? Be thorough.

8PS 8VR 9BS
I have 225 hours volunteer with the Fire Department social services
130 Hours volunteer between emergency departments, rehabilitation facilities, and other misc. hospital operations.
Also have 6 years fieldwork experience as a paramedic with 7 years total in the field.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am entirely ok with the DO route, do you honestly think I should apply with this score?? I am afraid it's a little low by 1-2 points.

Looking at your past postings, you got a 10/6/9 ten months ago. An 8/8/9 is certainly better than a 10/6/9 - getting a 6 on anything, let alone verbal, is a red flag - but the fact that it's a 25 remains.

It is my impression that not improving your score over a 10 month period will not look good. I think MD is out of the question.

Also have 6 years fieldwork experience as a paramedic with 7 years total in the field.

This is your ace in the hole. Reminiscent of the other post about someone who got in w/ a 25, you have an unusual experience that shows dedication and character. I think you could apply to DO schools with a 25.

Right on, thank you JThan.

I live in AZ. Ideally would like to go to MWU AZ.