3.5gpa 29MCAT Chances at Chicago Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bfahja

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.55 cGPA
3.91 sGPA
29 MCAT
Shadowing Experience: ≈150 hours
Volunteering ≈ 150 hours at a hospital
GPA has a strong upward trend
Went to a small liberal arts school. Ran track and did tutoring and community service

Florida resident but really want to go to school in Chicago (Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, or UIC). What do you think my chances are at those schools? Obviously not going to limit myself to only those schools but I have a strong preference to be there. What other schools should I try? Do I have a chance anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Rosy Frank is possible. Loyola is unlikely based on your stats. Rush is hard to predict, they focus on ECs and diversity which could be good or bad for you...but I would say Rush is unlikely for you...they are more competitive than their numbers suggest. UIC heavily favors in state and I would say very unlikely.

Cross UIC off the list. I think you'll be fine with the other three. While you're at it, add CCOM.

My other suggestions:

NYMC
Penn state
Creighton
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
MCW
St. Louis U
Jefferson
Creighton
GWU
Georgetown
Tufts
Wake Forest
EVMS
VCU
All new MD programs except Va Tech and Hofstra
Any DO program
ALL FL schools

3.55 cGPA
3.91 sGPA
29 MCAT
Shadowing Experience: ≈150 hours
Volunteering ≈ 150 hours at a hospital
GPA has a strong upward trend
Went to a small liberal arts school. Ran track and did tutoring and community service

Florida resident but really want to go to school in Chicago (Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, or UIC). What do you think my chances are at those schools? Obviously not going to limit myself to only those schools but I have a strong preference to be there. What other schools should I try? Do I have a chance anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cross UIC off the list. I think you'll be fine with the other three. While you're at it, add CCOM.

My other suggestions:

NYMC
Penn state
Creighton
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
MCW
St. Louis U
Jefferson
Creighton
GWU
Georgetown
Tufts
Wake Forest
EVMS
VCU
All new MD programs except Va Tech and Hofstra
Any DO program
ALL FL schools

Thank you for your responses! Just wondering about GWU, Georgetown, Tufts, and Wake forest. Do you really think I'd have a shot at those schools?

Yeah, I can see 3 interviews coming from that list, and you should be able to turn 3 interviews into an acceptance.