MD 3.65 GPA, 33 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halgene

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a good list. What about adding Hofstra, NYMC, Drexel, Jefferson or Temple. Suggest deleting UMD..one has to be above avg for OOS public schools, since they favor the home team. Miami is another possibility.

Last edited:
If it helps, while shadowing I also helped patients with things they needed and letting them know when the doctor was coming by. I'm not sure how to exemplify that with shadowing though.
In your description of the activity you might state the percentage of the time involved that you took on the role of a helpful person, as opposed to being a passive observer.
I plan to volunteer for more than one month - I know the timing is crappy as far as when I'm starting but I'll be there for at least 3-4 months.
Since your experience will still be on the sparse side, I suggest you plan to continue the activity, or one like it, through the application season, for the sake of Secondary essays, update letters (where allowed), and interview conversations. And in case you need to reapply, you'll be able to list active clinical experience that is more substantial and closer to the average involvement listed.