3.66 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 515 MCAT school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michpicc15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to SDN and was looking for some help on my school list! I'm a Michigan resident going to a Tier 1 undergrad. I took the new MCAT last summer and got 131/127/131/126 (515 overall). I've got decent ECs/clinical experience/research/volunteering so I'm not too worried about that, more worried about my GPA. I had one crap semester my freshman year because of a personal issue (addressed in my PS and one of my recommendation letters) that really lowered my sGPA, but just not really sure how to gauge my GPA vs MCAT vs rigor of my university. Top 5 are reach (probably won't get in). Any input is helpful! :)

1. Duke
  2. Northwestern
  3. Michigan
  4. Baylor
  5. Cornell
  6. Case Western
  7. Cincinnati
  8. Emory
  9. Rush
  10. Pittsburgh
  11. Wayne State
  12. Virginia
  13. University of Rochester
  14. Ohio State
  15. Virginia Commonwealth
  16. Temple
  17. Indiana
  18. St. Louis
  19. Wake Forest
  20. MSU

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend the following:

I suggest the following. Nothing wrong with aiming high; the ones I have in bold are schools where your GPAs are 0.3-4 points below their avg, but your MCAT is closer to the school median. Thus, proceed with caution on these, but I feel you're in striking distance for some.

U VM
U Toledo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
MCW
Loyola
USF Morsani
Emory
BU
Case
Mayo
Duke
Baylor
JHU
Pitt
Northwestern
NYU
Vanderbilt
Columbia

Any new MD school, especially Hofstra. Skip the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.

Your state school(s).

I'm new to SDN and was looking for some help on my school list! I'm a Michigan resident going to a Tier 1 undergrad. I took the new MCAT last summer and got 131/127/131/126 (515 overall). I've got decent ECs/clinical experience/research/volunteering so I'm not too worried about that, more worried about my GPA. I had one crap semester my freshman year because of a personal issue (addressed in my PS and one of my recommendation letters) that really lowered my sGPA, but just not really sure how to gauge my GPA vs MCAT vs rigor of my university. Top 5 are reach (probably won't get in). Any input is helpful! :)

1. Duke
  2. Northwestern
  3. Michigan
  4. Baylor
  5. Cornell
  6. Case Western
  7. Cincinnati
  8. Emory
  9. Rush
  10. Pittsburgh
  11. Wayne State
  12. Virginia