DO 3.74 GPA and 26 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itzlightning

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my second time taking the MCAT and I have received a 26 (11 PS, 5 V, 10 BS). I know my verbal score is pretty low, but I do have CNA, scribe, research and volunteering experiences. Also, I have a 3.74 GPA. I am wondering if I am competitive enough for DO schools, and if so, which ones? Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

You could be considered for an interview at the majority of DO schools. Your best chances would be at the newer schools and schools with lower MCAT medians such as ACOM, MU-COM, WCU-COM, VCOM (all 3 schools ), UP-KYCOM, RVU-COM, LMU-DCOM, CU-SOM. You could add any other schools in areas of the country you are interested in.

You could be considered for an interview at the majority of DO schools. Your best chances would be at the newer schools and schools with lower MCAT medians such as ACOM, MU-COM, WCU-COM, VCOM (all 3 schools ), UP-KYCOM, RVU-COM, LMU-DCOM, CU-SOM. You could add any other schools in areas of the country you are interested in.
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my second time taking the MCAT and I have received a 26 (11 PS, 5 V, 10 BS). I know my verbal score is pretty low, but I do have CNA, scribe, research and volunteering experiences. Also, I have a 3.74 GPA. I am wondering if I am competitive enough for DO schools, and if so, which ones? Thank you, I really appreciate it.
What was your first MCAT and Verbal score?

What was your first MCAT and Verbal score?

My first MCAT score was 20 (7 PS, 4 V, 9 BS). As you can tell, verbal isn't not strongest subject. I was getting 8's and 9's on my practice tests. I really don't understand how I keep doing so bad on this section.

Apply broadly.