3.75cGPA, 30 MCAT, NY resident, DI Student Athlete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maroaj9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Re-applicant
3.75cGPA 3.65sGPA from top 25 undergrad
30 MCAT (11PS, 8VR, 11BS) 27:(9/8/10) from last year
NY Resident

-DI Varsity athlete huge commitment per week
-999 hours medical scribe in gap year
-20 hours shadowing in various specialties
-30 hours clinical volunteering
-40 hours in research lab, no publication or presentations whatsoever
-15 hours other non-medical volunteering

What are my chances at...?
SUNY Downstate, Stony Brook, NYMC, George Washington, Georgetown, Miami, Albany, Temple, Drexel, Albert Einstein

Members don't see this ad.

did you submit already? you verified? secondaries in?

your ECs arent the greatest, youre kinda low on that. MCAT score is below average.
chances arent the greatest. Its possible, hoping that you applied as early as possible.
as for the schools you listed, you seem to be in the range of most of them, so you picked well

shouldve done some DO schools, that wouldve been a lot more likely, but MD is still possible

Members don't see this ad :)
won't be complete until mid september. how bad will that hurt my application this cycle?

won't be complete until mid september. how bad will that hurt my application this cycle?

by complete you mean done with secondaries and everything? or just verified in mid september? if thats the case prewrite everything so you can submit secondaries right when you get them, but with secondary delay you might not get some til late september or early october

to be honest its not great that youll be slightly late. some people downplay SDNs worries about submitting late, but i speak from experience. I had similar timing as you last year with a 3.64/34 and was done with everything mid-sept-early-october

and I got nothing

so hopefully just apply really broadly and get those secondaries in ASAP
wish for the best

will have secondaries and everything done mid-late september.