3.86 cGPA + 3.83 sGPA + 35 MCAT (balanced)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sakabato93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest adding the other Boston schools (Tufts and BU) and/or some of the PA schools (ie, Jefferson and Temple) and/or Dartmouth. Rochester is another worth considering.

You should be good but your list is a little short for being top heavy. If you have the funds to apply to more, good idea to do so if you want to aim high.

I suggest adding the other Boston schools (Tufts and BU) and/or some of the PA schools (ie, Jefferson and Temple) and/or Dartmouth. Rochester is another worth considering.

You should be good but your list is a little short for being top heavy. If you have the funds to apply to more, good idea to do so if you want to aim high.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look more into some of those schools. Money isn't that much of a problem for me, but I don't want to have a huge list.

Members don't see this ad :)
You won't be comfortable when the app cycle starts, and if you are, you are misinformed. Apply broadly or prepare for the chance that you will be disappointed.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look more into some of those schools. Money isn't that much of a problem for me, but I don't want to have a huge list.

I hear you.. how about

Northwestern
Dartmouth
Duke

You won't be comfortable when the app cycle starts, and if you are, you are misinformed. Apply broadly or prepare for the chance that you will be disappointed.

Let me elaborate more upon that: I've established a strong relationship with the dean of medical education at my state school. I've been shadowing him and been mentored by him since well before he was promoted to this post. He currently handles admissions, and I am very strong in his favor (he'll probably write a letter for me).

Bump. I'd really like some help guys.

There's not much to say. Your stats and ECs are in line with getting into at least one of the schools you listed (assuming you interview fine and haven't left out any red flags), and you feel comfortable enough with your state school that you don't need to add a bunch of safeties.