3.91 GPA, 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moola29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi what are my chances I have a 508 MCAT and 3.91 GPA
I am Asian and from Florida.
Biomed major, Psychology minor.

Extracurriculars are decent
-One shadowing experience
-Part time job as tutor
-Volunteer at Cancer Hospital
-Volunteer at a Cancer Lodge
-Started and participated in a dance team
-Spent about two months volunteering with Americorp
-Mission trip to Panama
-Research Intern at a tobacco prevention lab

Everything sits well with me but I feel like my MCAT score is really holding me back but there is honestly no time to retake at this point in the cycle

I applied to:
-USF Morsani
-UF
-UCF
-FIU
-FSU
-FAU
-UM Miller
-UWisconsin
-Indiana University
-Alabama School of Medicine
-Albany school of medicine
-Creighton School of Medicine
-Penn State
-Morehouse
-Drexel
-Wayne State
-Wake Forest School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

You don't have a bad MCAT! (Hopefully all of your subscores are above 125). You also have a high GPA, which should help to make up for it. Your stats are good enough that you should get interviews assuming your LOR and personal statement are sufficient. You might also want to consider adding DO schools just in case.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't have a bad MCAT! (Hopefully all of your subscores are above 125). You also have a high GPA, which should help to make up for it. Your stats are good enough that you should get interviews assuming your LOR and personal statement are sufficient. You might also want to consider adding DO schools just in case.
Really? yes they're all thankfully higher than 125.. I really hope so (I creeped through your posts and saw you were a Florida resident too) I just heard that Florida has a lot a lot alot of people that typically apply so I thought maybe I would be overshadowed... I will definitely apply DO, probably Nova. Thank you for your input!

Forget IU, UAB, U WI, Wayne, and Morehouse. You'll have chances at these:

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with Nova and LECOM-B.

Your state school(s). ALL of them

Hi what are my chances I have a 508 MCAT and 3.91 GPA
I am Asian and from Florida.
Biomed major, Psychology minor.

Extracurriculars are decent
-One shadowing experience
-Part time job as tutor
-Volunteer at Cancer Hospital
-Volunteer at a Cancer Lodge
-Started and participated in a dance team
-Spent about two months volunteering with Americorp
-Mission trip to Panama
-Research Intern at a tobacco prevention lab

Everything sits well with me but I feel like my MCAT score is really holding me back but there is honestly no time to retake at this point in the cycle

I applied to:
-USF Morsani
-UF
-UCF
-FIU
-FSU
-FAU
-UM Miller
-UWisconsin
-Indiana University
-Alabama School of Medicine
-Albany school of medicine
-Creighton School of Medicine
-Penn State
-Morehouse
-Drexel
-Wayne State
-Wake Forest School of Medicine

Really? yes they're all thankfully higher than 125.. I really hope so (I creeped through your posts and saw you were a Florida resident too) I just heard that Florida has a lot a lot alot of people that typically apply so I thought maybe I would be overshadowed... I will definitely apply DO, probably Nova. Thank you for your input!
Yes really, a 508 is essentially the old 30 which definitely won't kill your chances. You ideally want at least a 127 in each subsection (essentially the equivalent of the old 10), but I highly doubt a 126 would kill your chances, especially if it's in CARS or Psych. Your GPA is above average and your ECs are decent, so as long as everything else goes well you should have a good chance to be accepted somewhere.

Last edited:
Forget IU, UAB, U WI, Wayne, and Morehouse. You'll have chances at these:

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with Nova and LECOM-B.

Your state school(s). ALL of them
Oh wow! Thank you for this list I will definitely look into all of them!

Yes really, a 508 is essentially the old 30 which definitely won't kill your chances. You ideally want a 127 in each subsection (essentially the equivalent of the old 10), but I highly doubt a 126 would kill your chances, especially if it's in CARS or Psych. Your GPA is above average and your ECs are decent, so as long as everything else goes well you should have a good chance to be accepted somewhere.
My only 126 is Psych so that I guess should be fine.. Thank you so so much for giving me hope, you don't understand

My only 126 is Psych so that I guess should be fine.. Thank you so so much for giving me hope, you don't understand
I have a somewhat similar profile to you and have begun receiving interviews. I know this website is neurotic but it can be helpful, so take this as some encouragement. Put yourself out there and apply where you think you will be a good fit. You've got this. Best of luck and Go Bulls

Reactions: 1 user