DO 32 MCAT 3.08 cGPA 3.75 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anon01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Trying to get a grip on my school list right now for the DO application season.

After finishing undergrad with a terrible 2.75 cGPA and doing my own DIY post Bacc this past year, I have taken all my prereqs as well as a bunch of retakes bringing my GPA up to a grand total of 3.08 with a science GPA of 3.75. My postbacc GPA of ~40 credits is 3.85. My MCAT is a balanced 32. I am wondering my chances at schools such as the TOURO's CCOM NOVA among others.

I have one pretty strong EC that went for my four years of undergrad along with shadowing, volunteering, and a few hours here and there of research that I was able to get.

Members don't see this ad.

No love? I am not URM for the record, have an enormous upward trend (2.0x for a handful of semesters circa 2008-2009 to 3.5 my senior year and 3.9x+ all through my post bacc).

I graduated in 2012, went back for my Post bacc after some self-reflecting and here I am now just having finished my pre-req classes and a handful of retakes. I haven't found a whole lot of people in similar situations (high sGPA/MCAT, low cGPA) and am hoping to have a decent shot at some of the more well established DO schools but will be applying broadly.

By the time I submit I will have 100+ shadowing hours in various specialties (MD and DO), close to or over that in non-clinical volunteer hours, a 4-year commitment with 1000's of hours through undergrad, and a handful of genetics research hours, as well as some other activities scattered throughout.

Chances are outstanding at any DO program, including mine.

Hello all. Trying to get a grip on my school list right now for the DO application season.

After finishing undergrad with a terrible 2.75 cGPA and doing my own DIY post Bacc this past year, I have taken all my prereqs as well as a bunch of retakes bringing my GPA up to a grand total of 3.08 with a science GPA of 3.75. My postbacc GPA of ~40 credits is 3.85. My MCAT is a balanced 32. I am wondering my chances at schools such as the TOURO's CCOM NOVA among others.

I have one pretty strong EC that went for my four years of undergrad along with shadowing, volunteering, and a few hours here and there of research that I was able to get.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your app looks strong, be sure to get a DO LOR for the schools that may require it/highly desire it.