33mcat 4.0gpa- where to look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sux2bu09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
33 mcat, with 4.0 overall GPA
-lots of hospital volunteer hours
-shadowing
-published research paper
-community service activities
-MD resident

UMD
Harvard
Duke
Georgetown
GW
Johns Hopkins
UVA
UPenn
Drexel
Vanderbilt
NYU
VCU
Yale
MAYO
Dartmouth
Columbia-NY

Any schools i should take off or add?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I have similar stats to you(lower gpa though/check my mdapps if interested but wont be applying until next year)....

I might recommend applying to a few more middle tier schools...you have a lot of great schools where you'l be a good candidate but you never really know as the process is so competitive.

Maybe consider
Tufts
Wake Forest
Boston

Last edited:
Hey,

I have similar stats to you(lower gpa though/check my mdapps if interested but wont be applying until next year)....

I might recommend applying to a few more middle tier schools...you have a lot of great schools where you'l be a good candidate but you never really know as the process is so competitive.

Maybe consider
Tufts
Wake Forest
Boston

...and random.

anyone know of schools that give out decent scholarhsip money?

anyone know of schools that give out decent scholarhsip money?

I think scholarship money is usually specific to the applicant, so I wouldn't tailor your list that way. Your best bet for a scholarship is definitely your state school if you have very good stats and/or a very unusual/diverse application.

However, if you get into Mayo (which I see is already on your list), you are guaranteed a great scholarship. Tuition is relatively cheap at $29,000, and on top of that, everyone gets a $15,000 scholarship (while about 40% of the class will get a $25,000 scholarship instead).