37 mcat 3.2 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michii

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats are listed in title. Was rejected last year from all schools. Reapplying.
3.2 ia my science GPA, 3.45 is my overall

Experience:
-TA for A and P, basic bio, and a lab module
-Medical scribe
-EMT
-Public relations in a bio/med club
-Went on 2 different medical trips to South America
-Research experience (nothing published)

Attending a master of physiology one year program in the fall (currently taking a summer class).

What are my chances at getting into medical school? Any recommendation on where to apply? especially for readmits?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Aside from your basic problem , your low gpa, were there any other reasons why you didn't get accepted? I suppose with your EMT that that kind of counts for shadowing, but have done any actual shadowing?

In terms of where to apply, focus most on your in state. Then add any schools you have an affliation with, and check out the MSAR to research mission statements. So long as the computer doesn't spit you out because of the 3.2, you'll need a school that is a good fit.

I don't have shadowing experience but as an ER medical scribe, I saw a lot of action. Unfortunately, there is only one med school in my state. My advisor said my D in A&P (which later turned into an A) and an F in orgo is my downfall.

Any other pieces of advice on how to improve or where to apply?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How many schools did you apply to the first time you tried?

I applied to 14 schools, mostly state schools. I got secondaries from all, no interviews. I applied late, opinions on if this is good or bad? My advisor said it's better to apply later but everywhere else says the opposite.

Last edited:
Apply early!! I don't know why your advisor would tell you that... I would aim to apply to mostly private schools or state schools that are very friendly to out of staters rather than a bunch of public schools that mostly will favor their own in-state students. Have you submitted your application?

Concur. I think your best chances will be with newest MD schools, lowest tier MD schools, and all DO programs.

Apply early!! I don't know why your advisor would tell you that... I would aim to apply to mostly private schools or state schools that are very friendly to out of staters rather than a bunch of public schools that mostly will favor their own in-state students. Have you submitted your application?

Not interested in DOs. What are some examples of the newest and lower tiers?