3rd year DO student on a student visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loku

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a 3rd year medical student (in US) currently rotating in hospitals in Tennessee. Just to be clear, I am not a US citizen or a Green card holder. I am on a Student visa and I did my medical school in US.

I'll be applying for residency next year and I was wondering if there's a list of residency programs who are willing to offer visa to students like me when I join residency.

Is there anyone else in the same boat as me? or who have some experience regarding this? Please let me know.

I have already searched this website but I couldn't find anything that would tell me whether a certain hospital offers visas or not.
http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Most AOA programs do not offer visa, be it J1 or H1b visas. As an international student, you must apply to ACGME residencies to maximise your chances. Use FREIDA and cross-reference with the program website to compile a list of programs that sponsor visas in your specialty of interest.