3rd year neurosurgery rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hyperthymestic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MSIII here, next month I have my two week neurosurgery rotation and I'd like to be as prepared as possible, as this is one of the fields to which I am considering applying. Any advice as far as what to read, helpful practical tips for the hospital, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I know I should probably be well versed in neuroanatomy, so I found the AANS's youtube channel that has a bunch of awesome videos with anatomy. Any other tips/ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As @tiedyeddog mentions, the neurosurgery handbook is a great start. I've heard there is also an app or something. That being said, just simply know how to do what you're expected to do: daily progress note, ICU note, consult note, H&P, suture, knot tie (quickly, sans air knots). Otherwise, just smile and be always affable, available, and able (in that order). GL

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks you guys. I bought Greenberg, and I'm just ready to work my tail off.

The neurosurg PA's at my institution advised to get Surgical Recall and to review the neuro chapter. It helped me in a lot of pimp sessions this last summer :laugh: I also second Greenberg!