4 on VR trend??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annh31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Several people I know got 4s on VR, even though they got like 9s, 10s, or 11s on the other sections and did really well on the essay. And in reading this forum, I noticed a couple of people that got 4s on VR too. Is this a strange coincidence, or did something go wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

Happened to me too.. was getting 8, 9 comfortably on practice tests. I sent in my request to have a re-grade today because I don't know what went wrong.

danimalk said:
Happened to me too.. was getting 8, 9 comfortably on practice tests. I sent in my request to have a re-grade today because I don't know what went wrong.
Yo man, let me know what happen when you ask for regrade. I also got 4 on VR which I though was strange. I will appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
ya i got a 6 on my verbal when i was consistently getting 9's and 10's....what form did you guys all have?? I had form CN....

Strange...

Suddenly getting a 6 means you must have missed around 30+ questions and that doesn't seem quite right. That means you could have eliminated everything down to 2 answers and still gotten a 6. BTW...how do you ask for a regrade?

I'm with you! I had been getting 10's on the verbal. I ended up with a 5! I was shocked - I felt like the verbal section went well. :eek:

My form was G something

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was disappointed in their verbal score. I was considering asking for a regrade as well. The odd thing is that I felt like verbal was my strongest section! I finished all the passages just in time, paced myself well... Felt very confident. I've been telling my friends for weeks that the only section I probably got double digits on was verbal. It turned out to be just the opposite. I had form CH.

Haha...

Just when I thought I would put the horror behind me... I read this thread!

I too got a 4 on the verbal when I took the real MCAT. Basically, I got hungry during the exam, my stomach was rumbling, there were numerous distractions (Baltimore Test Center), and I just couldnt' focus wound up guessing on nearly the entire thing - paid the consequences.

When I gave up on the test, yet didn't void my score, I took a laid back attitude for the remainder. I wound up with a 10 in BS (my highest bio score yet). On a side note... I got a masters degree in Physiology, re-took the MCAT and went down a point in Biological Sciences. Just proves how much this test was psychological for me.

Next time I brought my verbal up to an 8. Not too shabby but its was always a killer section for me.

Moral: Bring a candy bar and eat during the 10 minute break after Physical Scicences and RELAX!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!

I totally feel the same way about the verbal section. I thought i did well, i mean i literally almost finished the last passage remaining which included answering some questions. Like you, i felt that it was my stongest section, but i took a major dump in that section. I dont know too much about the regrade, or how they do it, or what are the disadvantages to it, but i hope someone would post something about it like cost, ads/disads etc.

best of luck to you all