499 AAMC Diagnostic, 4/13 Test Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoJangles1999

Reaction score
Hey guys, just took my first diagnostic and got a 499 (123/129/123/124). My test date is on 4/13. Didn't really do any content review, just skimmed through the Bio and Gen Chem Kaplan books.

My goal is to get a 521+, what would you guys recommend I work on for the next 3 months/87 days? I think I can learn the material well, but I'm kinda worried about B/B and C/P passages. The standalones seemed straightforward, and I felt I could do them, but the passages I was totally lost on. Anyone got tips for that, and my overall strategy? I can dedicate about 30-40 hours per week till test date.

Thanks a million!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought you already had a 523...
Looks like Mr. Bojangles jumped the gun by assuming he’ll get a 523 on the MCAT.

While it’s great to try to plan ahead, SDN members, please don’t waste the time of experts who advise you by doing a “hypothetical” mockup of a “What are my chances?” post.
It’s disingenuous and not only does it make it less likely you will get advice in the future, trust once lost is really hard to regain.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On the bright side, this score would get me into med school lol!

If you are feeling down, I’ll reassure you that you have a solid starting score. You must be a natural in the CARS section so I would encourage you to start or keep working on that section with practice passages and different strategies. Did you feel like you ran out of time? How did you approach your passages? Which are you stronger in: C/P or B/B? Also, P/S will skyrocket just from simple flashcards and practice problems. This exam will take a lot out of you and will take a mix of hard work, grit, and luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, just took my first diagnostic and got a 499 (123/129/123/124). My test date is on 4/13. Didn't really do any content review, just skimmed through the Bio and Gen Chem Kaplan books.

My goal is to get a 521+, what would you guys recommend I work on for the next 3 months/87 days? I think I can learn the material well, but I'm kinda worried about B/B and C/P passages. The standalones seemed straightforward, and I felt I could do them, but the passages I was totally lost on. Anyone got tips for that, and my overall strategy? I can dedicate about 30-40 hours per week till test date.

Thanks a million!

Your application profile would be a slam dunk if you set 528 as your goal. You can do it in 3 months. We have the 100 day study strategy.

Or am I just too optimistic (not having met you or seen your application)?

Reactions: 1 user