45!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stiganator

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Stiganator said:
Is it even possible? Do people actually get it? If so can they go to the super secret med school on the moon, then get teleported to andromeda 45 to keep the master of the universe alive?

What's the highest you've ever seen or heard of?

There was a thread about his a while ago. The consensus was that the highest anybody on here has is a 43. Someone also said they called the MCAT people and asked them and were told that 43 was the highest for the last several years, however people have gotten 44 and 45s before.

You know, once you hit 35+, you're already above the 95% percentile, and the few extra points don't really matter.

Stiganator said:
Is it even possible? Do people actually get it? If so can they go to the super secret med school on the moon, then get teleported to andromeda 45 to keep the master of the universe alive?

What's the highest you've ever seen or heard of?
possible, but statistically its very difficult since each section is curved separately, and for each a 15 is above the 99th percentile. to tell the truth i think if somebody could master verbal, it wouldnt be too much to ask to get a pair of 15s in the sciences after lots of studying and practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
Hey Shredder,

Did you get good news today from UMich or other schools???????? :luck: :luck:
:thumbdown: i guess they were only sent to special ppl (which i think is slightly insulting to the rest). ill have to wait until monday i guess. and if i have no :luck: , no big deal, im not wringing my hands

tacrum43 said:
There was a thread about his a while ago. The consensus was that the highest anybody on here has is a 43. Someone also said they called the MCAT people and asked them and were told that 43 was the highest for the last several years, however people have gotten 44 and 45s before.

You know, once you hit 35+, you're already above the 95% percentile, and the few extra points don't really matter.
In the past verbal was scored 13-15 so the highest was 43-45 and was given as the range.

It is entirely possible for people to get a 45. It just requires you to not have bad luck on any section. Note that for every individual section people do get 15. It is just of matter of the same person being in that slim range for all three sections.

My brother's girlfriend went to Harvard Dental and she knew people at the Med School who had 45's. But she graduated a few years ago so it's probably true that there hasn't been any 44-45's in the past couple years.

absolutemercury said:
My brother's girlfriend went to Harvard Dental and she knew people at the Med School who had 45's. But she graduated a few years ago so it's probably true that there hasn't been any 44-45's in the past couple years.
But as Brett pointed out, it is only in recent years (3?) that a 45 is even a possible score. Those people would have had their scores reported as 43-45, so there's no way they could say for sure they got a 45. There was no such score.

I thought it was closer to the time of AAMC tests 1 and 2 that they scored verbal as 13-15. In either case, I'd take the word of those I know personally and who were actually at top schools rather than random people at SDN.