498, cGPA-3.93 sGPA-3.89

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTU2017

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Horrible MCAT score. Texas Resident wanting to attend Texas Tech schools or any school in Texas for that matter. Strong Rec letters, social linguistics psychology research, math/athletic tutor, volunteer/shadowing hours, etc. Thats the gist without getting too specific.
Its not that I am a bad test taker (my GPA would reflect that). Its not an excuse, but the material tested on my last MCAT pulled from a lot of material I wasn't amazing at, when in retrospect, I knew so much more/am very well versed in so much more than that test tested me on. I also applied to TCOM, but really hoping to get a Tech interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Horrible MCAT score. Texas Resident wanting to attend Texas Tech schools or any school in Texas for that matter. Strong Rec letters, social linguistics psychology research, math/athletic tutor, volunteer/shadowing hours, etc. Thats the gist without getting too specific.
Its not that I am a bad test taker (my GPA would reflect that). Its not an excuse, but the material tested on my last MCAT pulled from a lot of material I wasn't amazing at, when in retrospect, I knew so much more/am very well versed in so much more than that test tested me on. I also applied to TCOM, but really hoping to get a Tech interview.
Also, I've already applied, I am just getting antsy waiting around for interviews. Secondaries were submitted just a few weeks ago.

So what's your question? Could you post your full list of schools? Your 498~24 on the old scale(45%).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So what's your question? Could you post your full list of schools? Your 498~24 on the old scale(45%).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
What are my chances? My list is just all Texas Schools plus TCOM.

I can't recommend ANY med school in TX until you retake and do much better.

ended up getting an interview at TTUHSC-Lubbock for this Friday. So excited!

Reactions: 1 users