Test Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shj4523

Reaction score
I currently have the January 28 test date, however, as the day gets closer, I don’t feel ready to take it yet. I looked into moving it, but there are no test dates available for the month of March or April in the state or states surrounding my home state. What should I do? I’ve clicked on the option for a notification if a spot opens up, but do I go ahead and cancel this test date without another one set in stone? Do they typically open up closer to time? I’m just worried I will get to the end of April and still not have been able to take it bc of the lack of spots.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have the January 28 test date, however, as the day gets closer, I don’t feel ready to take it yet. I looked into moving it, but there are no test dates available for the month of March or April in the state or states surrounding my home state. What should I do? I’ve clicked on the option for a notification if a spot opens up, but do I go ahead and cancel this test date without another one set in stone? Do they typically open up closer to time? I’m just worried I will get to the end of April and still not have been able to take it bc of the lack of spots.

Thanks!
I'm sorry the test dates filled up so much near you, but you are wise to postpone if you are not feeling ready and confident.
See about May dates as they will be early enough.
And if you are making no progress right now/worrying rather than effectively studying, take a break for 2-3 weeks and start in again fresh.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully spaces open up for you. Everyone, and I mean everyone, contemplates postponing the MCAT. It's like a survival instinct when we study. Hopefully you are feeling better about the exam by now. If not, then exactly as wysdoc said, postpone. I took the MCAT despite not being ready for CARS, expecting a test day miracle. I got a 122 in CARS and chose to apply anyway. I got crickets and had to repeat the exam. All of the money and time I wasted by pushing through the MCAT when I wasn't ready for one of the four sections will haunt me forever. You will never feel completely ready for the MCAT, but you'll know when it's time to just take it and be done with it.