50/50 weak points and strong points. Inputs pls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaySi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an old FMG with 11 years after graduation. but has 1 yr experience with medicins sans frontiers , PhD in biomedical research w 4 peer reviewed papers, 3yrs teaching experience at a Med University. but all these experience are outside USA.
step 1-- 203 1st attempt
step2ck --214 1st attempt
visa status- no need

I am at the edge of my life now. I must get residency next yr.
Looking to programs on websites, I really feel down as most programs cut graduation year at 3-5yrs. most of community medicine tracks look for those from that community.

Do u think it is feasible to apply Family medicine with this score?
I am interested in international medicine, community medicine tracks.

welcome any inputs!!!

Members don't see this ad.

No promises but look at AnMed Health in Anderson, SC. They have an international health track that may fit you well. The bugaboo is licensing so far out from graduation but with your unique experiences you may have a chance.
Good luck!!

No promises but look at AnMed Health in Anderson, SC. They have an international health track that may fit you well. The bugaboo is licensing so far out from graduation but with your unique experiences you may have a chance.
Good luck!!

thanx for the info. but it says the following criteria...

- Must have documented clinical training in the U.S.
- Applicants will not be interviewed if it has been more than 24 months since graduation from medical school or active clinical practice.