511 Mcat 3.8 cGpa 3.8 sGpa non-trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigChief

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How good are my chances? Besides the cum. Gpa at 3.8 the sGpa at 3.8 and the 511 Mcat, non-trad.
I worked full-time my entire academic career, albeit in a non-medical setting but you have to pay the bills somehow.
Dual degree in hard science/math
ECs.
Full time job in service industry
200+ hours volunteering in a clinical setting/ free clinic for the homeless
150+ hours shadowing
about 20 hours research
some other stuff like honor society/scholarships/deans list
I know my app. is lacking in ECs but it's no joke working 40 hours a week and going to school full-time just wondering if I can pull it off
very unique background/ lot's of overcoming adversity

schools I applied to:
all my state schools
Rosy Franklin
Georgetown
Rush
Penn state
Louisville
Mich. state
OWUB
Central Mich.
Indiana
GWU
Jefferson
Harvard (obviously a long shot)

lets hear what you think

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have a shot at your state programs, Rosalind, Georgetown, Rush, Penn State, Oakland, GW and Jefferson. Georgetown, GW and Rosalind in particular will be low yield due to the large volume of apps they get thrown at. If you aren't IS for Louisville, Michigan State, Central Michigan or Indiana those are all rather long shots.

All in all that's about 4-7 schools you have a fair shot at interviewing at and then your state programs. Ideally, you'd want a couple more, but what's done is done.

Your odds may very well be tied to what state you live in---what state is it?

You'll have a shot at your state programs, Rosalind, Georgetown, Rush, Penn State, Oakland, GW and Jefferson. Georgetown, GW and Rosalind in particular will be low yield due to the large volume of apps they get thrown at. If you aren't IS for Louisville, Michigan State, Central Michigan or Indiana those are all rather long shots.

All in all that's about 4-7 schools you have a fair shot at interviewing at and then your state programs. Ideally, you'd want a couple more, but what's done is done.

Your odds may very well be tied to what state you live in---what state is it?
I pretty much stopped applying because I ran out of money, so that's why I stopped there. I live in Ohio. I didn't apply to Case, because I am severely lacking in research. I have one II, and 2 rejections everything else is in limbo. Guess I'm just being impatient since it's only mid-October. Just nervous is all, I'm confident in my interviewing/interpersonal skills, but it'd be nice to get one more II though, take some of the pressure off of the one I have.

Members don't see this ad :)
I pretty much stopped applying because I ran out of money, so that's why I stopped there. I live in Ohio. I didn't apply to Case, because I am severely lacking in research. I have one II, and 2 rejections everything else is in limbo. Guess I'm just being impatient since it's only mid-October. Just nervous is all, I'm confident in my interviewing/interpersonal skills, but it'd be nice to get one more II though, take some of the pressure off of the one I have.

Fortunately you have several state schools in Ohio your stats are quite competitive for. IF you can interview decently there's a fair shot you'll have success at one of those state programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Harvard will appreciate the donation int he form of you app fee, ans well as the other OOS schools.

I think you're fine for:

all my state schools
Rosy Franklin
Georgetown
Rush
Penn state
Oakland-b?
Indiana
GWU
Jefferson

lets hear what you think[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the input from you two. I guess reassurance from strangers over the Internet means more to me than I thought it would haha. Just trying to make something happen for myself that 6 years ago seemed utterly impossible. Thanks.