8/9 DO II with 3 A and 2 WL but still no II from MD??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ike00

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been very fortunate enough to have received 8 out 9 II from DO schools I applied for and have 3 current A and a few waitlists and future interviews but I’m also stressed that I have heard nothing back from the 20 MD schools I applied to besides 3 rejections any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

What you posted WAMC. Focus on your successes.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,
I have been very fortunate enough to have received 8 out 9 II from DO schools I applied for and have 3 current A and a few waitlists and future interviews but I’m also stressed that I have heard nothing back from the 20 MD schools I applied to besides 3 rejections any advice?
Patience is a viture.

You might get an II Monday, or in March.

Did you have an app that was MD caliber? Maybe, at best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Being disappointed is completely understandable. But please try not to make value judgements of yourself based off what types of schools you get into.

And remember that a family doctor from a DO school and an MD school do the exact same job and get paid the same.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did you change your original MD list? Did you acquire 150+ hours of face to face nonclinical volunteering where the people you were helping were outside of your comfort zone? Did you add anything to the WAMC grid from when you posted it last Spring?

Reactions: 1 user
Being from Utah with what stats you posted in your WAMC thread, MD was a long shot to begin with. Applying to medical school from Utah is brutal and most acceptees to MD schools from Utah have stats and EC’s solidly above the median.

Your situation is common for Utahns unfortunately, with many DO A’s but little MD interest.

Reactions: 1 user