A couple application questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadachris

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

1. Is it possible to see the DAT testing dates before paying the fee? I want to plan and see if I will have time.

2. I wrote the DAT previously and got 22AA, 21TS, 21 PAT, but am considering retaking it as my GPA is only 3.3. Would it make sense for me to email schools and ask their advice/opinion on if I should retake it? If any of you have any opinions on my current chances that would also be much appreciated (I am a Canadian applicant)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. I believe so, but not quite sure. From what I remember, once you do get to choose the date there were plenty of open dates (about 2-3 each week)

2. Why? Your AA is really good, and I assume you meant your sgpa is 3.3, which is a bit low but competitive when paired with your DAT score. What are your ECs and Volunteer hours like?

Hi,

1. Is it possible to see the DAT testing dates before paying the fee? I want to plan and see if I will have time.

2. I wrote the DAT previously and got 22AA, 21TS, 21 PAT, but am considering retaking it as my GPA is only 3.3. Would it make sense for me to email schools and ask their advice/opinion on if I should retake it? If any of you have any opinions on my current chances that would also be much appreciated (I am a Canadian applicant)

Thanks!

1. You pay the testing fee, get a confirmation # with prometric, and then log into prometric and can select any date within a six month time frame.

2. Yeah, e-mail them.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I believe so, but not quite sure. From what I remember, once you do get to choose the date there were plenty of open dates (about 2-3 each week)

2. Why? Your AA is really good, and I assume you meant your sgpa is 3.3, which is a bit low but competitive when paired with your DAT score. What are your ECs and Volunteer hours like?

I think right now I have a decent chance (60-70%) of getting in to a school like NYU, I just feel like if I could pull off a 24AA for example I could nearly guarantee myself an acceptance. Obviously I would prefer not to retake it though I am quite busy already with summer courses. Also, I will not be able to submit my app until late august.

I have over 100 hrs shadowing and assisting in two dental practices, I have a full summer of cancer research at a hospital, and I am president of a large committee at my school that is essentially a charity.
Not really any volunteer hours, 20-30 total, but I am assuming the charity thing fills the same role in terms of my application? It is a big time commitment

Last edited:
My AA was only a 21, and I got the impression that this more than adequate. I would address other aspects of your application (e.g. clinical hours and service).

1. You pay the testing fee, get a confirmation # with prometric, and then log into prometric and can select any date within a six month time frame.

In regards to #1, you can do it this way but you are actually able to view test dates before registering. Prometric -> locate a test center -> view availability. Hope that helps.

Oh and schedules do fill up fast, so I would register as soon as possible if you're trying to apply this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
In regards to #1, you can do it this way but you are actually able to view test dates before registering. Prometric -> locate a test center -> view availability. Hope that helps.

Thank you for correcting me! I was unaware of that.

Thank you for correcting me! I was unaware of that.
No problem! I was under the same impression as you for a long time - I actually stumbled across the schedule by accident while messing around on Prometric's site.