Program-Specific Info / Q's A.T Still University (ATSU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmv12

Reaction score
Hi! I am currently applying to OT schools and was wondering if anyone has applied and/or is enrolled at A.T Still University in Arizona? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I am currently applying to OT schools and was wondering if anyone has applied and/or is enrolled at A.T Still University in Arizona? Any feedback would be appreciated!

I will be attending this coming fall!! So excited. I can answer any questions about the interview process you may have

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hi! Oops, sorry I wasn’t clear in my original post. I have friends in AZ but they haven’t heard about ATSU so I was interested in hearing from students and/or graduates of this program, what their experience was, thoughts about their curriculum, field work, etc. But thanks for responding back. Congratulations on your acceptance! What impressed you about ATSU? How was the interviewing process?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending this coming fall!! So excited. I can answer any questions about the interview process you may have

Congrats!!! I have an interview the first week of December! I’m so excited. How was the interview?? Any tips?

Please share! What was it like? What did they ask??

Hey ya'll I have an interview January 24th. I heard back less than two weeks after applying! Do you have any advice about the interview process?
I just interviewed last week. You get to meet someone from admissions who tells you general information about the school, city and Arizona. The department chair speaks about curriculum, program specific information and about OT, then you break off into smaller groups to speak with current first year students and get a tour. The interview itself is with either 1 or 2 faculty members, but they made it clear that if you had 2 it was only because one faculty member was training on interviewing. I ended up being interviewed by 2 and they went back and forth question by question for about 30 minutes. In total, I was on the campus for 3 hours. They are very welcoming and friendly! Of course I was nervous, but they make an effort to ease your nerves. :) I should hear back in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

That’s awesome! My Interview is also coming up! What kind of questions did they ask?

I just interviewed last week. You get to meet someone from admissions who tells you general information about the school, city and Arizona. The department chair speaks about curriculum, program specific information and about OT, then you break off into smaller groups to speak with current first year students and get a tour. The interview itself is with either 1 or 2 faculty members, but they made it clear that if you had 2 it was only because one faculty member was training on interviewing. I ended up being interviewed by 2 and they went back and forth question by question for about 30 minutes. In total, I was on the campus for 3 hours. They are very welcoming and friendly! Of course I was nervous, but they make an effort to ease your nerves. :) I should hear back in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for the information! I saw on another forum that they send you a packet with possible questions, is this true? If so I havent recieved one yet.

Congrats on your interview, fingers crossed you get in! Is this your #1 school?

Has anyone gotten an invite to their MOT program??

Thank you so much for the information! I saw on another forum that they send you a packet with possible questions, is this true? If so I havent recieved one yet.

Congrats on your interview, fingers crossed you get in! Is this your #1 school?
I did not receive a packet of questions beforehand.
I got an email today that I was accepted! I will be accepting the offer as this is my top choice :)

That’s awesome! My Interview is also coming up! What kind of questions did they ask?
They want to make sure you know what occupational therapy is, of course. There are some situational questions and then personal questions about strengths/weaknesses, goals in the next 5 years, what your grades were like and if not the best- why?, how you deal with stress, why their program, etc. I kind of blacked out during so I don't remember everything haha. Just show your passion for the field and what you can contribute. If you make it to the interview that is a big step. At this point, they just want to see your personality. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I have my interview for the Masters at ATSU on December 6th! How fast did they get back to you on your acceptance ?

I have an interview as well on Dec 6TH but for the OTD program. I wonder if they will interview separate or together

They want to make sure you know what occupational therapy is, of course. There are some situational questions and then personal questions about strengths/weaknesses, goals in the next 5 years, what your grades were like and if not the best- why?, how you deal with stress, why their program, etc. I kind of blacked out during so I don't remember everything haha. Just show your passion for the field and what you can contribute. If you make it to the interview that is a big step. At this point, they just want to see your personality. Best of luck!

I had very similar questions to the ones you've mentioned. I also got why OTD? Tell me a time when you encountered a conflict at work or group project. How would you explain OT to your mom? Do you feel that your grades are a good representative of yourself? Why ATSU? What area of research are you interested in? Also the interviews were one on on but you do go on tutor as a group and talk to first year students together. MOT and OTD interview together. There wasn't that many in my group probably 10 students in each session. The building is easy to find and there is free parking :)

I had very similar questions to the ones you've mentioned. I also got why OTD? Tell me a time when you encountered a conflict at work or group project. How would you explain OT to your mom? Do you feel that your grades are a good representative of yourself? Why ATSU? What area of research are you interested in? Also the interviews were one on on but you do go on tutor as a group and talk to first year students together. MOT and OTD interview together. There wasn't that many in my group probably 10 students in each session. The building is easy to find and there is free parking :)
Did they say how soon they would let you know if you've been accepted?

Did they say how soon they would let you know if you've been accepted?
They said 2-3 weeks. I know their students just had finals week so I would day before the 20th.

Hey guys! For anyone Who has an interview for ATSU on Dec 6th I just heard back! I got an offer for the OTD program!!! Wishing everyone luck!

Hi everyone! I also heard back from the December 6th interview and I have been accepted to the Masters Program!

I just got an email saying OTD program is full for July 2020. So I would be interviewing for waitlist or ask to be considered for the masters program.

I just got an email saying OTD program is full for July 2020. So I would be interviewing for waitlist or ask to be considered for the masters program.
I know that they ask you at some point if you're in masters if you want to switch to doctorate. So you could always interview for masters and switch to doctorate later.

I know that they ask you at some point if you're in masters if you want to switch to doctorate. So you could always interview for masters and switch to doctorate later.
Thats what I read too. Honestly, my goal is to be an OT the degree title isnt that important to me...
They are giving me the option to do an online interview if I want but recommend still coming to interview in person which is what I will most like do. Wonder if it will be a smaller group since they've sent out these emails.

Anyone have any advice? Yall have helped out so much in this thread I appreciate all the kind words and support!!

I sould
Thats what I read too. Honestly, my goal is to be an OT the degree title isnt that important to me...
They are giving me the option to do an online interview if I want but recommend still coming to interview in person which is what I will most like do. Wonder if it will be a smaller group since they've sent out these emails.

Anyone have any advice? Yall have helped out so much in this thread I appreciate all the kind words and support!!
I would recommend interviewing in person if possible!

That is insane! I literally just accepted the offer to the OTD program yesterday around 2:30pm CST. When I was interviewing and talking to admissions she said don't be discouraged if you are wait listed because she said they call a lot of the wait listed people later on! We also got to talk to students enrolled at the program and they said 2-3 people who entered the program as a master student were able to switch over to OTD.

That is insane! I literally just accepted the offer to the OTD program yesterday around 2:30pm CST. When I was interviewing and talking to admissions she said don't be discouraged if you are wait listed because she said they call a lot of the wait listed people later on! We also got to talk to students enrolled at the program and they said 2-3 people who entered the program as a master student were able to switch over to OTD.

Thank you this is very reassuring! I just emailed them back and asked to be considered for the master's program and will still attend my interview in person (hoping this shows initiative). Congrats on your acceptance btw!! What a great way to bring in the new year!!

I know it is a bit early to start looking but for those who are out of state and already got in let me know when you guys start looking for a place to live! I'm moving from IL and will obviously need roommates :)

Thank you this is very reassuring! I just emailed them back and asked to be considered for the master's program and will still attend my interview in person (hoping this shows initiative). Congrats on your acceptance btw!! What a great way to bring in the new year!!

Thanks, I hope all goes well for you too!

I know it is a bit early to start looking but for those who are out of state and already got in let me know when you guys start looking for a place to live! I'm moving from IL and will obviously need roommates :)

I’m moving from NY too! I have gotten a few names of complexes from a current student but haven’t really dug in yet

I’m moving from NY too! I have gotten a few names of complexes from a current student but haven’t really dug in yet

That is so far!!! Do you mind sharing those with me too?

Has anyone been able to RSVP for orientation? It doesn't work when I try.