aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2.9 sgpa/cgpa
490 MCAT
Retaking in January
I know it's ****ty :(
ECs and LORs are top notch

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

A 490 would probably have been fine if it was coupled with a GPA around the 3.2+ area.

I think schools really want to see a GPA of at least 3.0

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, new to this thread. Can I ask how long it took for AACPMAS to receive your school transcripts once you had them sent? It's been over two weeks since all my schools (I have several transcripts) marked that they had been mailed, but AACPMAS has only received one. I wasn't sure if that's a typical lag time or not...

Maybe the Thanksgiving holiday slowed them down

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, new to this thread. Can I ask how long it took for AACPMAS to receive your school transcripts once you had them sent? It's been over two weeks since all my schools (I have several transcripts) marked that they had been mailed, but AACPMAS has only received one. I wasn't sure if that's a typical lag time or not...

Send them an email and they'll respond quick. Think there's an option on the ACcpmas site to do that

Hey, I don't see any option online to add podiatrist letters of rec, Am I missing something in the application?

Finally heard back from NYCPM, they put my app directly on hold. Now Kent and Barry left.

Well that's annoying.

Do we need letters before an interview?

Was asked at Barry right before my one-on-one why my letters weren't in yet (I had sent them via snails, snails never arrived apparently but they decided not to tell me BEFORE the interview). All the other schools got them though.

You guys ever read this. It's pretty scary what this article if true is saying about podiatry now.
http://podpost.us/issue/march-2015/...student-s-letter-that-was-rejected-by-pm-news

I really doubt this person made it to residency. Similar articles and posts here on SDN and other places are usually from students who do not make it for various reasons. There could be some truth in it, though, I do not know the credibility, but I did check the match lists for all 9 schools, spoke to students from 4 schools, including temple (from years 2-4), and the reality is not what the person in the article is stating. If you pass your classes, pass boards, and can interact with another person, you shouldn't have a problem matching.

Podiatry school is a medical school and it requires the same work ethics, time management skills, communication skills, etc, as an MD/DO schools. But, unfortunately, some students do not have such skills.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I really doubt this person made it to residency. Similar articles and posts here on SDN and other places are usually from students who do not make it for various reasons. There could be some truth in it, though, I do not know the credibility, but I did check the match lists for all 9 schools, spoke to students from 4 schools, including temple (from years 2-4), and the reality is not what the person in the article is stating. If you pass your classes, pass boards, and can interact with another person, you shouldn't have a problem matching.

Podiatry school is a medical school and it requires the same work ethics, time management skills, communication skills, etc, as an MD/DO schools. But, unfortunately, some students do not have such skills.

I thought it said he made it.

It sounds like someone (the writer) had an unrealistic expectation of what medicine was about. Yeah, the ACA/Obamacare was gonna make life miserable for everyone. Was that a big surprise? Yeah, ur gonna deal with patients who are sometimes ungrateful, your not gonna "be ur own boss" in the hospital setting this day in age. Most docs graduating now can't open their own practice. It's not an easy life and six figures. It's a miserable life and six figures.

That whole site is incredibly negative. Seems like the same poster making many of those posts. Any practicing podiatrists want to comment on what they see from the link posted?

This scared me at first, then I looked at the grammar/spelling:eek:.... Makes me wonder who's even writing this stuff.

This scared me at first, then I looked at the grammar/spelling:eek:.... Makes me wonder who's even writing this stuff.

Haha I'm sorry for posting it. I just thought someone has any truth if the article has valid arguments.

Does anyone know if DMU does interviews in March late in the cycle?

II to Scholl. Anyone interviewing on 1/9/16? Send me a message if accepted and have advice also. Thanks!
cGPA-3.4
sGPA- 3.4
MCAT- 493
Lots of Clinical Shadowing (mostly MD).
Great Letters
Great Extracurriculars
Great Leadership

Reactions: 2 users
II to Scholl. Anyone interviewing on 1/9/16? Send me a message if accepted and have advice also. Thanks!
cGPA-3.4
sGPA- 3.4
MCAT- 493
Great Letters
Great Extracurriculars
Great Leadership

Is that ur first II?

This is the only school that I was interested in attending and applied to.

Risky but should be fine. GPAs are average to above for matriculants.

With your background and URM status should be no prob. Specially when Scholl values diversity so much.

Playing to your strengths.

SO SO excited! I finally submitted my app on Dec 1, applied to all but Scholl, and got verified this morning. Since then, I've received IIs from TUSPM, NYCPM (jan start), and CSPM. What a turn around

Reactions: 7 users
Just now submitted. Here we go!

Reactions: 3 users
SO SO excited! I finally submitted my app on Dec 1, applied to all but Scholl, and got verified this morning. Since then, I've received IIs from TUSPM, NYCPM (jan start), and CSPM. What a turn around

Have u submitted letters of recommendation yet?

Just now submitted. Here we go!

What? I am confused and happy for you at the same time. You have been on these forums talking about podiatry for over a year now. What made you finally apply im curious?...and this late in the cycle. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
Anyone receive a decision from KSPCM these last 2 weeks?

What? I am confused and happy for you at the same time. You have been on these forums talking about podiatry for over a year now. What made you finally apply im curious?...and this late in the cycle. Keep is updated!

I wanted more shadowing experience before jumping into it, podiatry is a 7 year commitment with 270K+ student loans after all :laugh: So I shadowed a couple different providers to see if this thing is fur me.

Is it really that late in the cycle? I thought anything before the first of the year was considered "fine" not early by any means, but fine. I was under the impression that March-May is "late"

Just got Verified and sent out to Kent.

Ill let everyone know stats and such when I receive interview invite.

What are the chances of post interview acceptance?

I would say pretty high, unless you totally bomb the interview...

That's a big relief. My first interview is Monday and I'm kind of scared because its one of my top choices.

Just got off the wait list for Western and was accepted.

Will be emailing them tonight to withdraw cause I already committed.

Hope it opens a slot for one of yall!

Reactions: 4 users
AHH, I received 2 more interview offers today! That brings it up to a grand total of 5 so far!

Reactions: 5 users
Just paid my deposit for DMU! See y'all there in the fall!!

Reactions: 8 users
This is probably a silly question... but what sort of outerwear do you wear with suits when you interview somewhere really cold? Is it okay to wear a puffer coat or should I invest in a nicer wool coat? (I don't have either, so I need to go shopping anyways haha.) And if it rains/snows/ices, do women still wear heels? Or wear boots and change into heels?

Sorry for the noob questions, I live out in the desert. :unsure:

For those of you who interviewed at Kent, how was it?

This is probably a silly question... but what sort of outerwear do you wear with suits when you interview somewhere really cold? Is it okay to wear a puffer coat or should I invest in a nicer wool coat? (I don't have either, so I need to go shopping anyways haha.) And if it rains/snows/ices, do women still wear heels? Or wear boots and change into heels?

Sorry for the noob questions, I live out in the desert. :unsure:

Ehh I would say a wool jacket would be perfect and yes bring boots and change into heels at interview.

cGPA-3.4
sGPA- 3.4
MCAT- 493
Great Letters
Great Extracurriculars
Great Leadership

I interviewed at scholl and was accepted. Also attending. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions. I know very little but hopefully I can be of some assistance.

For those of you who interviewed at Kent, how was it?

Amazing :)

Take a look at my post in scholl class of 2021 thread. I sort of talk about about my experiences at Kent, DMU, Temple, and Scholl. If you have any questions. You can also pm me anytime