AAFP Family Med board questions? - Are those for the shelf or Residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I'm just kinda confused about this whole AAFP FM "Shelf" (I know its not a shelf but shelf equivalent I guess)

So it's my school's first year to do the AAFP exam instead of the regular NBME shelf exam for the end of the family medicine rotation.

I read multiple places to do the free board AAFP questions but I was not sure where exactly to find those...?

My understanding is they are on the link below - then I would click on "Begin the board review questions" on the right hand side which takes me to over 100+ quizzes?

AAFp-org /cme/cme-topic/all/bd-review-questions.html

I was unsure if those were made for our AAFP "Shelf" or if those were for residents to actually become board certified

Please can someone shed some light because I'm in my own season of Lost season 8 right now.

And if those are the quizzes - are we supposed to do all of them because I feel that's just almost impossible with limited time

Members don't see this ad.

I used them for the shelf. You have to make an AAFP account and IIRC it took them a couple days to approve the account.

You don't have to do all of them.

I used the AAFP questions for the NBME shelf and it worked out just fine.

They're sometimes more difficult, but also more direct, so it balances out.