May have failed internal medicine shelf...again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grindtillgrave

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm looking for validation. I'm at a school where we are given a second chance to take shelf exams if we do not pass them the first time around. I just took the test for the 2nd time Friday and feel like I bombed it. I even ran out of time and on the last couple of questions had to straight up guess. I feel like a failure since it was already my second time. :\ and just feeling extra anxious about it. I feel like I was so nervous taking it that I couldn't really think straight and had so much adrenaline. My practice NBME's were 50 and 63, but just need 57 to pass.

I have to wait till Monday to know my exact score, but I'm wondering those of you who took it how did you feel coming out of that particular shelf exam (internal medicine)? Did it correlate with your actual score? Thanks for reading.

Members don't see this ad.

to anyone who may be reading this in the future I passed . got my last practice nbme score

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
IM is the hardest shelf for most simply because of the breadth of material. At my institution, we had some choice in what order we wanted to do our rotations and purposely put IM later in the schedule for this reason. Otherwise, you need to start studying for IM while on other rotations.

Reactions: 2 users