aamc 10, wtf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took aamc 10 and scored

P.S.-10
V.B.=6
B.S.=10

This was my third aamc practice test and I was averaging a 32 before this and now my average is exactly a 30. Did anyone else experience something similar to this on aamc 10. it seems as though the curve for each section dropped from previous tests. I was feeling somewhat confident before this but now I'm debating not taking the mcat Sept 6. Each section so far in this test was my lowest. Anyone else experience something like this?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took aamc 10 and scored

P.S.-10
V.B.=6
B.S.=10

This was my third aamc practice test and I was averaging a 32 before this and now my average is exactly a 30. Did anyone else experience something similar to this on aamc 10. it seems as though the curve for each section dropped from previous tests. I was feeling somewhat confident before this but now I'm debating not taking the mcat Sept 6. Each section so far in this test was my lowest. Anyone else experience something like this?
Sounds like you're burnt out. Take a break, review it when you've had some time doing nothing.

If I remember correctly the verbal on AAMC 10 was curved pretty harshly. My memory is fuzzy though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The curve on ten was really harsh, I found the actualy questions themselves much easier but if you tend to score similar raw scores across VR then it would account for your VR dropping lower.

The curve on ten was really harsh, I found the actualy questions themselves much easier but if you tend to score similar raw scores across VR then it would account for your VR dropping lower.
My verbal score ranged normally between 8-10 but I heard these last aamc's are the best predictor of how you will do and im just not feeling as confident anymore.

I figure Il see were I stand when I take aamc 11 on Sunday. In general what do you guys think in regards to me taking the test or putting it off?

Thanks for the responses. Il take aamc 11 on sunday, hopefully this was just a 1 time type deal.

My verbal score ranged normally between 8-10 but I heard these last aamc's are the best predictor of how you will do and im just not feeling as confident anymore.
People generally say that more about the sciences but even comparing PS from 11 to the real thing doesn't hold up, there may be a correlation with BS.

Your VR from 10 and 11 isn't any more representative of the real thing, but if you do poorly on them then it demonstrates you aren't performing consistently, which means you aren't using the same logic/rationale from question to question or that you're burning out.

The AAMC tests can fluctuate quite a bit (just like the real test might stress concepts that you are not that happy with), which is why it's good to take an average of several tests when preparing, not just a snapshot of one. Don't let one bad result throw you off, just keep on studying.

thanks for the responses, the funny thing is after literally over 2 months of verbal practice, every day besides break days, and not really doing well most of the time, just these last two weeks I kind of had the epiphany and got much better at verbal. I actually understand what I am reading and for the most part understand what kind of answers the test takers are looking for. Pretty much most of my EK 101 verbal passages that I have done recently have been pretty good under good timing condition (finally). That is why I was discouraged after aamc 10. It seemed as though I finally started moving up in verbal and was shot right back down, the funny thing is I understood the passages. I don't know what happened, maybe the questions were just to hard for me.