AAMC 4 Difficulty vs real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can anyone compare their ps/bs sections of aamc 4 to the real mcat? Wanted to see what some people though. I definitely thought the bs section was 20 times easier on aamc 4 but im not sure if the ps section was easier or roughly the same. There were def a few ps questions that really got me due to dumb reasoning..thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone compare their ps/bs sections of aamc 4 to the real mcat? Wanted to see what some people though. I definitely thought the bs section was 20 times easier on aamc 4 but im not sure if the ps section was easier or roughly the same. There were def a few ps questions that really got me due to dumb reasoning..thoughts?

AAMC 4 was ok, I found AAMC 5 PS/BS waaay too easy compared to others

What did you think of AAMC 7 Erythropoietin?! I jumped by 6 points (highest FL I have gotten so far)... I just can't trust it since it's literally 5/6 points higher than my average so far

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you think of AAMC 7 Erythropoietin?! I jumped by 6 points (highest FL I have gotten so far)... I just can't trust it since it's literally 5/6 points higher than my average so far

I didn't take that yet; will take it in 4 days.

Ah I'm taking AAMC 4 tomorrow morning, so that's good to know.

Everyone is different you know. You might be lucky and see all the topics that you are familiar with. Or the opposite scenario is also possible. So it all comes down to how good/far you are with your content review. Good luck.

Yeah, AAMC 4 Bio was pretty awesome, I got a 13, when my averages are 10 to 11, I hope it's like the real thing, but I'm not betting on it.

I did 9/10/10 on AAMC 4 and took Kaplan FL 4 two days later and had 13/10/11. I thought the Bio on 4 was pretty easy and PS was unusually hard (although I made a LOT of stupid mistakes).

Honestly, scored pretty consistently for all of the AAMCs (but then again, i continued studying as I was taking them so it is possible that the tests got progressively more difficult (slightly))

With the new tests, the PS BS and Verbal are more like the newer versions. In terms of earlier tests, I felt the verbal sections were still pretty comparable. The BS for me was also pretty comparable but on my test day (5/26) my BS was my hardest...

Last edited:
Yes, you're right.
g.php

I found PS pretty simple although some passages were annoying to read and intimidating. verbal wasnt too bad but hard id say.. BS was killer.. i scored a 10 cause i missed alot of experimental type questions. Personally, i dont see a huge difference between AAMCs and real MCAT .. people say the bio has gotten really experimental but this Bio seemed pretty dam experimental to me