AAMC Mcat question packets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hogfan10

WPS
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing almost everyone here has done 120 question packets that AAMC gave out for each section.. So does anyone else feel like these questions are unrealistically easy? I don't feel like I am extremely prepared for this test and I have scored 90%+ on every section. And I score probably 75-80% on my new exam kracker questions...

Anyone who has already taken the mcat this year care to weigh in on how close these question packets are to the real thing?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have scored 70% on all of them except for Bio 2 and CARS 2 (haven't taken them yet). I forgot most of my content review though, I can see why it would be considered easy. I also mark about 1/3 of questions too...it's frustrating for me because I just go with it and review the answers after and I'm like .... okay I'll remember that and try to actively think about it and then feel burnt out and get ready for the next day. I don't know if that was the answer you were expecting but hey, I'm

"Easy" is way too subjective. However, the science Qs are all taken from older MCAT exams so the level of biology on them is lower along with the passages and Qs being more straightforward than many of the new MCAT passages. Plus there is no biochem or psych/soc Q packs.

No matter your opinion of their ease, they are literally from the test-maker. Buy em (at least the CARS) and use them to get used to the AAMC style. If you do well on them great, if you do poorly, you can learn from them. There is no magic % to shoot for as these are not section tests of full lengths or anything close to a real exa simulation. The more you get right the better prepared for that topic you are obviously, but do not read any more into it than that.

From what I have seen and what my students have told me, many of the bio and chem Qs and the passages fit the tone and style of the new MCAT (which makes sense, the exam is not all that different in terms of tone and style). The Physics less so but still close.

Good luck!