AAMC practice test 10?? Is this for real?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been averaging a 37 in my TIMED AAMC practice tests but I just got a 31 on AAMC 10?

11: 14/11/11 > 36
9: 13/11/13 > 37
8: 13/12/13 > 38
4: 13/11/14 > 38

My MCAT is tomorrow, and I took 10 just now:
11/9/11 > 31

WTF. I am panicking. I've heard that AAMC 10 is harder than the others? Is this true, or am I just freaking out?

Are these tests representative of the real deal? Or are 4,8,9,11 (and the others from which I took random passages) extraordinarily easy?!

Members don't see this ad.

I say try to not let yourself get too freaked out, as your average is very good. Panicking the day before the test will do nothing but hurt you. Good luck tomorrow!

Also, this is moving to the MCAT forum.

You probably shouldn't have taken an AAMC today and just relax. Anyway its just one test so its obviously an outlier. Just take it with a grain of salt and rock the test tomorrow.

I've been averaging a 37 in my TIMED AAMC practice tests but I just got a 31 on AAMC 10?

11: 14/11/11 > 36
9: 13/11/13 > 37
8: 13/12/13 > 38
4: 13/11/14 > 38

My MCAT is tomorrow, and I took 10 just now:
11/9/11 > 31

WTF. I am panicking. I've heard that AAMC 10 is harder than the others? Is this true, or am I just freaking out?

Are these tests representative of the real deal? Or are 4,8,9,11 (and the others from which I took random passages) extraordinarily easy?!

You'll be fine. You've got a great average and, honestly, if you do end up w/ a 31, you'll still be fine. I wouldn't be too worried unless your last AAMC was below 30 (and even then, considering the other scores...).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah you're fine...no need to freak out now. AAMC 10 correlated around my average, though my out-lier test was AAMC 7 - I'd just review your weaknesses in the test and just take it easy :thumbup:

Ya man get out and do something fun. If you got 37s on practice tests, you are more than golden. I promise.

Channel the hate you have for AAMC 10 to the AAMC when you're beasting the exam tomorrow.

It should look something like:

FUUUUUU!!!!

Is AAMC 10 the one that had a mistake on the verbal section? Search the forums because I remember freaking out about one of the AAMC tests, came on here and it was a known fact that THAT test had a mistake on it's verbal. That's probably not why you went down 6 points from your average but may account for why you have a lower VR score. Anyway, your average is higher than mine ever was and I got a 35 on the real deal. Don't worry dude...

Yup. AAMC 10 has a couple if mistakes if I recall (2-3 in total I think - all of which affected my score and can be found on the forums). I also took an AAMC CBT today even though my MCAT is tomorrow morning but I didn't take it too seriously because I didn't want to stress myself out or burn out. As everyone has said, your scores seem super consistent otherwise and you shouldn't be worried. This is just pre-test anxiety.

If your actual MCAT is the next day then you should not have taken a practice test to burn yourself out. Relax and do something fun (but not too intense) the night before. Good luck! :)