AAMC Practice tests score conversion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brighteyes1017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I think I may be slightly confused about how the AAMC practice tests are scored.... I saw a scale converter which says that for practice test 9 a 15 was a 51-52... that practice test has 78 questions, correct? So getting >20 questions wrong would give you a perfect score?! Or am I just totally confused and looking at the wrong thing...

Members don't see this ad.

So I think I may be slightly confused about how the AAMC practice tests are scored.... I saw a scale converter which says that for practice test 9 a 15 was a 51-52... that practice test has 78 questions, correct? So getting >20 questions wrong would give you a perfect score?! Or am I just totally confused and looking at the wrong thing...
Tests with 77/78 question-long PS/BS sections are the hard copy R versions of the AAMC full lengths. You can poke around to find scale converters for those, but you're better off sticking with the 52-question/section computer based versions since that's what you'll be taking, presumably.