AAN Board Prep Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmc2454

Reaction score
Hi all,
A quick question. This year, the AAN has come out with an AAN Board Prep Course designed for the initial certification exam. From the website (https://www.aan.com/education-and-research/education-offerings/neurology-board-prep-course/) it looks like this includes syllabi, audio and 250 questions/answers. It looks to be a good resource but pricing is a bit steep ($299 for AAN members).

Does anyone know anything about this resource? Does it seem to be valuable? Obviously there is probably no data about how effective this is as this is the first year they are offering it.

Personally, I'd imagine this would be used in conjunction with a question book (like the Ching-Chang neurology Q/A).

Apologies if this has been asked before - cannot find any info about it from searching the forums.

Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I still think the Mayo Board Review books + BoardVitals is plenty. I did some of the AAN tests for specific subjects but that was it.

I think it is a good resource. You can supplement it with Neuro SAE, First aid and Chin Chang. Mayo board review book you cannot revise in the end as it is too extensive and dry at times.