academic probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1008013

Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was in high school I’d leave it in the past… Honestly I don’t think anyone is trying to dig up dirt on you during the interview cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, I am a 3rd-year dental student planning on applying to OMFS residency next cycle.
I recently found out that there is this part on PASS app that asks
"Have you ever been dismissed, disqualified, suspended, or otherwise been subject to disciplinary action at any college or university in connection with your academic performance?"
I took college courses in my junior year of high school as a part of a dual enrollment program (in replacement of APs) at my high school.
I was accused of academic dishonesty for one science course I took at the enrolled college. It was an unintentional, honest mistake, and after the appeal process, I still received an A but was given an academic probation. Although it is not stated on my transcript, I know for sure that it is on the university's internal record.
I learned my lesson and never put myself in any similar situations from then. I was a model student during undergrad and dental school.
This happened when I was 16 in high school, and I know no other applicants applying to OMFS would disclose such incident happened in high school.
However, I still received a disciplinary action hearing from a college institution, so I am wondering if I should report this as the question specifically says any college or university.
If I do report it, would it sabotage my application?

Thanks for sharing y'all thoughts in advance.
Didn't the AADSAS application ask the same question? How did you answer it there?

Reactions: 1 users