Dental Students with previous Academic Dishonesty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainSquishy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a rude and personal question and maybe even bad forum etiquette...but I'm curious to know how many of you have been written up for academic dishonesty at one point in your undergraduate studies and have been accepted into dental school?

I just got written up recently (not on the transcript) and I'm on the verge of losing hope and depression

Members don't see this ad.

"Have you ever been disqualified, suspended, dismissed, or otherwise subject to a disciplinary action at any college or university in connection with your academic performance?"

This will be a question on your AADSAS. I just have to say, personally I would be extremely put off by the fact that any of my classmates cheated to get into dental school. I worked very hard to earn the grades and test scores that got me here. I'm sorry, I just can't think of any instance where cheating would be fair to anyone, especially your future patients.

"Have you ever been disqualified, suspended, dismissed, or otherwise subject to a disciplinary action at any college or university in connection with your academic performance?"

This will be a question on your AADSAS. I just have to say, personally I would be extremely put off by the fact that any of my classmates cheated to get into dental school. I worked very hard to earn the grades and test scores that got me here. I'm sorry, I just can't think of any instance where cheating would be fair to anyone, especially your future patients.

I think your in for a real eye opener then. Id be surprised if EVERY dental school didnt have multiple people who cheated in undergrad. Next year at school when you finish your test and are walking up to turn it in look at your classmates, I am willing to bet you'll find some eyes wandering around near their neighbor's exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey just apply. All you're going to get by asking this question is a bunch of people who now have the right to bash you. Yes, you may have done it before but seriously I'm sure you don't anymore. Just go ahead and make best judgment for yourself.

Dental school is home to some of the most serious and smartest cheaters I have ever seen. Can't wait to be professional colleagues with some of these people.

Dental school is home to some of the most serious and smartest cheaters I have ever seen. Can't wait to be professional colleagues with some of these people.

:laugh:

OP, this is the question asked in aadsas. although many may not concur with my advice I would take this question literally, if you were not disqualified from college, suspended from college, dismissed from college, or legitimately subject to a direct DISCIPLINARY ACTION, i would say no. If you were, then you have no loophole and say yes and hope for the best. If you're the kid with the iclicker attendance issue I wouldn't worry too bad.

Last edited:

This is certainly true. Many predents/dents are the honest, hardworking, (almost nerds (no offense)), who have parents who are doctors, and would never cheat because it is unethical and unfair etc, but a small amount of professionals are not dental professionals per say, but solely professional manipulators, who are so cunning and stealthy, they will worm their way into 4.0's and Harvard, because dentistry is what suits their plan. Not me, but trust and be aware, they are certainly out there :scared:

I cheated on an ethics class with some friends. Passed the class with flying colors.

Any dental school would much prefer a student who takes responsibility for their mistakes over one who shuns them. If you take responsibility for your mistake by stating you were in the wrong and what steps you'll take to make sure it doesn't happen again, then dental admissions will see you as a student of integrity, unlike who you were in the past.