Acceptance Offer RESCINDED Due to Comments Made on SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fivo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!!

For those that are unaware (no misc). Be careful what you say round these parts, lest you find yourself looking for another career.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=966180

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What the ****? I hope I scrambled the information on my MDA enough. :scared:

I'm wondering what he wrote?

He called out a member on SDN and started attacking him with jokes involving a racial stereotype seen on a certain cartoon that takes place in Texas.

I don't believe him to be honest. I used to have an old account on SDN but I forgot my password. What if someone else knows it and has been writing stuff on my behalf for months? I don't think it's fair to reject someone based on some online posts. That's ridiculous.

He also said somewhere that his Facebook and his SDN username were one and the same.

:idea: Well, that's the source of OP's downfall... Surprisingly, schools actually have the time to track him down. Something's not right. Join the discussion in the thread,

Here are the posts in question.

Well, OP has too much time on his hands. :laugh:

:idea: Well, that's the source of OP's downfall... Surprisingly, schools actually have the time to track him down. Something's not right. Join the discussion in the thread,

Well, OP has too much time on his hands. :laugh:

lol, writing a research paper right now. Must get done before Thanksgiving tomorrow :laugh:

in b4 all the neurotic premeds delete their sdn accounts..

its kinda pathetic that this happened to that kid.. ACOM is not making a good name for themselves at all

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

its kinda pathetic really this happened to that kid.. ACOM is not making a good name for themselves at all

Eh, I wouldn't think anything of ACOM until this is confirmed. From the development of the thread (which I haven't finished reading) it seems like an elaborate troll.

Well, since we're on our side of the forum, I think it's safe for me to say...

This would have never happened at an MD school :smuggrin:

:flame:

The comment about the URM though...not cool. Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion, yes, but some things are better left unsaid. People get offended, people get hurt...all because of what, a series of words? Not worth it. This school clearly sent a message here. It's unfortunate for him and even though I think he was out of line in saying what he did, I think he should be given a second chance.

Eh, I wouldn't think anything of ACOM until this is confirmed. From the development of the thread (which I haven't finished reading) it seems like an elaborate troll.

yeah... its true that we have no way of knowing for sure. but if it is true...

I called it on like page 2 of the original thread. This will be legendary.

It won't be long before this is all over reddit, fb, etc. I can already smell a meme.

:idea: Well, that's the source of OP's downfall... Surprisingly, schools actually have the time to track him down.

Employers reportedly have people on staff to check out applicants and employees on social networking sites. I'm not at all surprised that schools would patrol sites such as this one.

It's all about reputation and withholding a code of conduct.

I called it on like page 2 of the original thread. This will be legendary.

It won't be long before this is all over reddit, fb, etc. I can already smell a meme.

Guys, how does it feel that we are witnessing SDN history?

Someone please come up with a slogan like: "We were there" or "We remember...the day before Thanksgiving"

Fivo, you're so disrespectful.

^
Says the guy who called out another member in that same thread...

Just ignore Triage. He's always been bitter towards others and is rejoicing that one of the people he dislikes is going through something this bad.

Let's not forget who got that poor MCAT, Triage with no medical school acceptances. That's why you'll never be happy. The more bad karma you keep spitting out, the worse it will come back to haunt you one day.

I'm calling a spade a spade brother. Are you with us or against us? :horns:

But anyway, I'm pretty sure that thread is going to get locked and/or deleted. And if that one does so will this one. It's for entertainment purposely only for now.

From reading the first few pages of that thread, it seems like it might just be a prank done by someone he offended?

Guys, how does it feel that we are witnessing SDN history?

Someone please come up with a slogan like: "We were there" or "We remember...the day before Thanksgiving"

like this? I found it on Google.

sdn.jpg

If it's true, then it sucks for him. Hopefully he'll get into med school in the future.

But for me, it's going to be hard for someone to jump on this train and figure out who I am because I'm a 2nd degree ninja.

its kinda pathetic that this happened to that kid.. ACOM is not making a good name for themselves at all

Or just make an anonymous account. I would think the moderators would delete anything too inappropriate, but then again....

Calm down kids. It's only the internet. It's going to be an interesting world when privacy and anonymity are no longer concepts people understand.

like this? I found it on Google.

sdn.jpg

Good. It's about time they got a lesson; image search results need reporting! :thumbup:

:rofl: I don't know why but I can't stop laughing at that photo. Good find! :thumbup:

If it's true, then it sucks for him. Hopefully he'll get into med school in the future.

But for me, it's going to be hard for someone to jump on this train and figure out who I am because I'm a 2nd degree ninja.

Sorry bro. We've been monitoring your tracks from the moment you stepped on board!

^
Says the guy who called out another member in that same thread...

I'm calling a spade a spade brother. Are you with us or against us? :horns:

But anyway, I'm pretty sure that thread is going to get locked and/or deleted. And if that one does so will this one. It's for entertainment purposely only for now.

I'm with you Fivo.

Everyone, let's calm down before we all get our acceptances rescinded. ;)

From now on, the "report post" button on SDN should automatically send a notice to all AAMC med school admissions offices and prompt an investigation into that SDN user's posts, leading to a possible rescinding of all acceptances he/she holds. That would make things very interesting here on these boards.

From now on, the "report post" button on SDN should automatically send a notice to all AAMC med school admissions offices and prompt an investigation into that SDN user's posts, leading to a possible rescinding of all acceptances he/she holds. That would make things very interesting here on these boards.

Only if we can introduce pre-law on SDN.

We need a repping system on sdn.

If you're red, then you can't go to medical school.

In all seriousness, if you're willing to put out offensive and derogatory things on the internet, then you're giving a bad example of what person should be. I don't know what Dr. Seuss did but to have his acceptance rescinded should be an indicator that he has a lot of growing up to do.

I understand insulting someone over the internet (I do it all the time when I steam roll over kids on COD) but some restraint should be employed on professional forums.

Note: If Dr. Seuss is trolling us then shame on him!

In all seriousness, if you're willing to put out offensive and derogatory things on the internet, then you're giving a bad example of what person should be. I don't know what Dr. Seuss did but to have his acceptance rescinded should be an indicator that he has a lot of growing up to do.

I understand insulting someone over the internet (I do it all the time when I steam roll over kids on COD) but some restraint should be employed on professional forums.

Note: If Dr. Seuss is trolling us then shame on him!

Dr. Seuss was actually the one trolling ACOM. That acceptance didn't mean anything to him -- what he forgot to mention was that he bought Dartmouth's and now has his very own med school up in New Hampshire.

tumblr_m20w897rBJ1qdkv8qo1_500.jpg

This is why if you are gonna say/do questionable things, make sure to have NO connections/link to your real name or social media. This is also a lesson not to link Facebook/message boards together. It's an unfortunate incident, but it's not common for people to say inflammatory things. If you do choose to say those things, don't use something that would tell people who you really are.

Dr. Seuss was actually the one trolling ACOM. That acceptance didn't mean anything to him -- he actually bought Dartmouth's and now has his own med school up in New Hampshire.

tumblr_m20w897rBJ1qdkv8qo1_500.jpg

9s1Lk.png

Cheechoo, the expectations for clever train references in your comments must be an awful lot of pressure to deal with while posting. Do you ever wish you could just post "train-free" on SDN?

Thinking of CheeChooTrain always reminds me of Major Payne

[YOUTUBE]OlXLW6WP0nU[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.