Acceptances for Class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MX, Congrats on your acceptance and 99% decision on goin to PUCO, I hope you get that final 1% and ill see you out there in the fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 12/12/10. I took the OAT on 1/8/11.
Interview Invitation Extended for: SCO, Nova, SUNY, PCO
Interview Scheduled: SCO 2/4; PCO 2/23; Nova 2/25; SUNY 3/2
Accepted: SCO 2/15; PCO 2/28; Nova 3/7; haven't heard from SUNY yet. Pretty sure I'm going to SCO :-D

OAT/GPA: AA 350; TS 360; GPA total cumulative 3.65. Post-bac 3.91.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: October 21, 2010
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCCO (12/11/10), WesternU (declined), UCBSO (2/5/11)

Accepted (indicate school attending): SCCO, UCBSO

OAT/GPA: AA: 340 TS: 350
GPA: 3.18

still trying to decide where I want to go...but it's possible to get in with a low GPA. I had a sub-3.00 my first 2 years and worked hard my last 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Date submitted to OptomCAS: 1/10/2011 I took the OAT on 1/24/2011
Interview Invitation Extended for: PUCO, WesternU
Interview Scheduled: PUCO 02/25/2011 WesternU 03/18/2011
Accepted: PUCO 03/04/2011

OAT/GPA: AA 340; TS 360; GPA 3.17 (My first 2 years really brought me down)

I have an interview coming up at Western but Pacific was my number one choice so I think I might cancel..

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 1/18/11

Interview Invitation Extended: NOVA: 2/23/11, PCO: 2/23/11, ICO: 2/28/11, SCO: 3/1/11

Interview Scheduled: NOVA: 3/8/11, PCO: 4/8/11 (cancelled), ICO: 3/18/11, SCO: 4/15/11 (cancelled)

Acceptances: NOVA: 3/11/11, ICO: 3/25/11

Attending: ICO

OAT: TS:360, AA: 360
GPA: 3.30

Extracurriculars: Undergrad thesis project in cancer research, various volunteer experience on campus, ~50 hours of shadowing (2 optometrists)

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got in this year. I will be applying this coming year and is extremely nervous. I thank everyone who posted their stats, it gives me an idea along with hope to get in. I know i will post mine and my updates when the time comes. Again, congratulations to all.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 10/18/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: SUNY, NOVA, SCO, NECO, PCO
Interview Scheduled: SUNY, PCO, NOVA (canceled NECO/SCO)
Acceptances: SUNY, PCO, NOVA
Attending: SUNY
OAT: TS:330, AA: 330
GPA: 3.2
Extracurriculars: Shadowed local OD, upstate NY OD and an OD at the VA (this was the most fun and interesting).

Last edited:
Date submitted to OptomCAS: 11-4-2010
Interview Invitation Extended: UMSL, PUCO, UIWSO (RSO)
Acceptances/Attending: UIWSO (RSO)
OAT: TS:280, AA: 290
GPA: 3.00

Extracurriculars: Research for a semester on Aqueous Humor Dynamics, worked for an eye doctor for 2 years and at a LensCrafters 2 years prior to that, started the Pre-Optometry Club on my campus, president and vice president of a few other organizations, volunteered in a low vision rehabilitation clinic and in the pediatric ICU, etc. Also, family in the optical field introduced me to it and got me interested very young.

I am so excited to start school in the fall, especially in San Antonio and at a new school! The school is beautiful and I look forward to, I'm sure, helping them grow as a new school.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 1/29/2011
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 3/3/2011
Interview Invitation Extended: SUNY, NOVA, ICO, NECO, PCO
Interview Scheduled: SUNY, PCO, ICO, NECO (canceled NOVA)
Acceptances: PCO, ICO, NECO
Attending: NECO
OAT: TS:360, AA: 350
GPA: 3.14 Science 3.09 overall
Extracurriculars: Shadowed a local optom. 16 month internship at computer company (not relevant but that's all i got lol)

Date submitted to OptomCAS: November 1, 2010
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO, NOVA, PCO, NECO, UMSL, UAB, UIWSO, ICO, IUSO
Date Interview Scheduled: SCO (11/5), cancelled other interview invitations
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO

OAT/GPA: AA: 310, TS: 300 / GPA: 3.51
Extracurricular: International optometric mission trip, shadowing optometrist, study abroad, several leadership roles, and lots of volunteering

Date submitted to OptomCAS: November 1, 2010
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO, NOVA, PCO, NECO, UMSL, UAB, UIWSO, ICO, IUSO
Date Interview Scheduled: SCO (11/5), cancelled other interview invitations
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO

OAT/GPA: AA: 310, TS: 300 / GPA: 3.51
Extracurricular: International optometric mission trip, shadowing optometrist, study abroad, several leadership roles, and lots of volunteering

Congrats.. you'll be happy w/ SCO no doubt!!

Congrats to all!!!
Thanks for putting up your stats, I'l be applying for class of 2016 and this has been helpful

Congrats to all!!!
Thanks for putting up your stats, I'l be applying for class of 2016 and this has been helpful

is it just me or is this thread not updated as more as the other years? is that less people applied this past cycle?

Probably not since no matter how many people apply (assuming the amount of people that apply are enough to fill up the incoming classes) the acceptances will be the same amount.

I'd say most people just don't sign up or lurk in these forums. You get a lot of people just sending you PM's for advice and end up leaving when their questions are answered. Majority of the people that come to SDN at least are here doing research for interviews and I'd assume get in.

lol forums aren't cool anymore :p

ONTOPIC: CONGRATS TO ALL CLASS OF 2015 STUDENTS MAY OUR NEXT 4 YEARS BE GRAND lol

Date submitted to OptomCAS: Oct 13, 2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Waterloo and NECO
Date Interview Scheduled: Waterloo= nov 19, NECO=dec 2
Accepting: going to accept NECO..still waiting to hear back form Waterloo (they don't send their letters until March)

OAT/GPA: AA: 350, TS: 360 GPA: 3.67
Extracurricular: school club, a few hours shadowing, and undergrad research assistant

Date submitted to OptomCAS: Oct 13, 2011
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Waterloo and NECO
Date Interview Scheduled: Waterloo= nov 19, NECO=dec 2
Accepting: going to accept NECO..still waiting to hear back form Waterloo (they don't send their letters until March)

OAT/GPA: AA: 350, TS: 360 GPA: 3.67
Extracurricular: school club, a few hours shadowing, and undergrad research assistant

hmmm i think you were looking for this-http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=844853