Accepted to NYC schools with below average gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here with a 3.4-3.5 or below GPA who was accepted to any of the NYC area schools, including Stony Brook and NYMC? What did you have on the MCAT and how early did you apply? I know about mdapplicants.com, which is why I'm looking for some hope. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to MSSM, with a GPA in the range you gave (actually a tad bit lower). Check my mdapplicant profile for more details. I was also offered an interview at Einstein and NYMC (wl at Einstein, didn't go to the interview at NYMC).

My GPA was a bit lower, I got a 36 on the MCAT, I got into NYMC, still waitlisted at Stony Brook.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey while i understand why ppl post these kinds of questions, just keep in mind that anything is possible. There is no template to get in. Don't let a less than stellar anything keep you from reaching for the top.

That said, I got into a NYC school with a 3.39 BCPM, 34 mcat. i am sumwhere on mdapplicants. Looks for 2004 app cycle.

-b

if you have a low gpa, you need a proportionally higher mcat. no exceptions to that rule.

unless, of course, you are an URM. then anything goes!