Accepting admission at another school even though UIC is my first choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tifferzzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm having a dilemma right now. the University of Illinois at Chicago is my number 1 choice, but I applied during the regular decision period, so they won't be getting back to us until about January. Well, I've received acceptances from other schools and want to put money down just to be on the safe side. This is where my dilemma comes in. If I put money down for another school, can UIC see that I've already accepted admission at another school? Will they then NOT consider me for admission into their program? Any sort of input would be helpful! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I'm having a dilemma right now. the University of Illinois at Chicago is my number 1 choice, but I applied during the regular decision period, so they won't be getting back to us until about January. Well, I've received acceptances from other schools and want to put money down just to be on the safe side. This is where my dilemma comes in. If I put money down for another school, can UIC see that I've already accepted admission at another school? Will they then NOT consider me for admission into their program? Any sort of input would be helpful! Thank you!

I have the same dilemma if anyone can give us some insight

No.

Just pay the deposit. That's what it's for.

If anything, it makes you more valued, because they know other schools want you too.

Reactions: 1 user