ACCP BCPS 2013 Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful_dr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any word on when the ACCP BCPS material for the 2013 exam will be released?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone I am also trying to get started with the BCPS pharmacotherapy certification this year and I have a couple of questions:

- How long do you think it should take for somebody who has been in retail for the past 5 years? Just ballpark

- Also what materials should I use? I read about the ACCP books but I am not a member and I looked within bookstore and there are so many books. Please Help me!

Thanks

Hi everyone I am also trying to get started with the BCPS pharmacotherapy certification this year and I have a couple of questions:

- How long do you think it should take for somebody who has been in retail for the past 5 years? Just ballpark

- Also what materials should I use? I read about the ACCP books but I am not a member and I looked within bookstore and there are so many books. Please Help me!

Thanks

Definitely the ACCP books. http://www.accp.com/bookstore/ppc13.aspx#course

I think you underestimate how difficult this test is going to be a for a pracitioner without hospital experience.

I have 3 years hospital experience and have been studying since February 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks

How do you plan on taking the test without having worked 3 years in a hospital/clinical setting?

How do you plan on taking the test without having worked 3 years in a hospital/clinical setting?

They will let him take it. They pretty much just want the money. But you can argue that reviewing prescription orders is clinical and takes up 50% of his day. Nevertheless, it's going to be an extremely difficult test for a non-institution practionier.

They will let him take it. They pretty much just want the money. But you can argue that reviewing prescription orders is clinical and takes up 50% of his day. Nevertheless, it's going to be an extremely difficult test for a non-institution practionier.

It depends I think on if they audit him or not. I know of someone that put down last year Walgreens as his clinical job and he got a call from them. It was a pharm student doing an internship checking over the app. They denied him and refunded his $600. So who knows.

Thanks for everyone who took the time to reply.

Definitely the ACCP books. http://www.accp.com/bookstore/ppc13.aspx#course

I think you underestimate how difficult this test is going to be a for a practitioner without hospital experience.

I have 3 years hospital experience and have been studying since February 1st.

O wow you guys made me more curious about how hard that test is! I haven't seen the AACP books yet but can you compare the content to be studied to, for example DiPiero's Pharmacotherapy book?

Anyways I really love pharmacotherapy and even enjoy reading some textbooks for relaxation! :)

If I can't study properly in about 4 months (working 40 hrs a week, single!) I'll just have to wait until next year. Sucks that they offer it only once annually.

It depends I think on if they audit him or not. I know of someone that put down last year Walgreens as his clinical job and he got a call from them. It was a pharm student doing an internship checking over the app. They denied him and refunded his $600. So who knows.

Never heard of them auditing, good to know.

Never heard of them auditing, good to know.

Yes. Another friend got a call because he had 2 years and 8 months of clinical experience working at a hospital. But he had to point out that the rules state if you are within 6 months of the 3 years as of the test date, you can take the test.

does it have to be 3 years in inpatient pharmacy?

i plan to take the bcps next october. by then, i would've had 6 months in outpatient pharmacy and 2 years 2 months in inpatient pharmacy.

remember rules changed, only ASHP accredited residencies will allow 1yr practitioners to take the exam.

I got mine today. Some RPhs got theirs last week. I think if you pay for it, they will send it to you early. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DiPiro won't help you. The test questions for Domain 1 are guideline driven. I studied ACCP Updates in Therapeutics from June when the books arrived to October and passed. But I also went into it with hospital clinical experience and a strong working knowledge of Statistics. Wouldn't the ambulatory exam make more sense if you work retail?

Worry about it after residency. No point in studying ahead at all unless you're just using the material as a refresher.

Starting residency in July. Worth ordering these to try and prep over the next year or just wait any worry about it at then end of PGY1?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I got the printed book only. No CE, as I am planning to attend pharmacy conferences later on and I will obtain CE from there. I looked at the printed book and feel that the level of information is good enough for someone who has already spent time to study drugs and disease states in great detail. Good luck studying, everyone!!

Last edited:
Is anyone using High Yield MedReviews for BCPS? If so, how does it compare with ACCP's?

i am looking for audio files of the BCPS materials, used or sharing but i cant buy new from ACCP,, too expensive …anyone can help .
Thanks

Is any one interested in selling Pharmacotherapy ACCP BCSPS 2013 material? please inbox me. I really want to start early. How about ASHP material? Which one is good?