Adversity or Challenge essay topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FireSlasher

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited for privacy.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pay attention to the prompt. Each school may be a bit different but they are asking about knowledge, skills and abilities, including psychological strengths, that you bring to the table. Your observation that "things" can be gone in a minute is not really relevant but your flexibility, resourcefulness, and willingness to help neighbors as part of a team all while living in primitive conditions is good material that you should be able to work with in answering specific prompts.

As an aside, if you are a non-native English speaker, please have a trustworthy friend who is a native speaker (ideally an English major or a social science major) take a look at your secondary essays for grammatical correctness. There are a few word choices in your post that are less than ideal.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the response @LizzyM You indicated that my material about how we as a community helped each other through the situation could be used. Do you think I should use this for an adversity essay or use it for another question regarding teamwork? Also, thanks for the grammar tip. I am an ESL student and I know my word choices are never the best. It is a thought that always hunts me because I won't have anybody to help me with that during interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the response @LizzyM You indicated that my material about how we as a community helped each other through the situation could be used. Do you think I should use this for an adversity essay or use it for another question regarding teamwork? Also, thanks for the grammar tip. I am an ESL student and I know my word choices are never the best. It is a thought that always hunts me because I won't have anybody to help me with that during interviews.
Make sure you get as many eyeballs as possible onto your essays.

To reiterate with the wise Lizzie M stated, purpose of the adversity prompt is for you to demonstrate your coping skills and grip. It's not about your philosophical reaction to the problems

Reactions: 1 users
I like your ideas and, adhering to the suggestions and your prompt, you can probably develop a good response. Describe as adversity and how you adjusted but remained patient. If the prompt asks for a moral reflection, talk about materialism. Mind the character limit.