ADVICE-don't send AADSAS too early!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbone91

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ADVICE-don't send AADSAS too early! Last year I applied June 1, "early." However, I did not find out until early September that my application was incomplete because AADSAS never sent out my LOR's and Personal Statement. The LOR's I was not as mad about, but the Personal Statement ruined me. How could they send an entire packet without the statement as part of it? At least the LOR's I could send in again, the Personal Statement had to be re-sent 6 weeks later! Anyways, I fought with AADSAS for nothing, however, I wasn't complete until October and only 1 interview! After a nice month long battle, I found that AADSAS had this mistake with about 30% of their applications submitted between May 15-July 1. My advice, send after the 4th of July. The computer kinks are usually solved by then, so to me, its safer. It's still early too.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear about your battles with AADSAS! Unfortunately they do screw up some soul's application every year - which is why it's prudent to follow up with the schools directly on a regular basis so as to catch any hickups coming from them.

Sprgrover said:
Sorry to hear about your battles with AADSAS! Unfortunately they do screw up some soul's application every year - which is why it's prudent to follow up with the schools directly on a regular basis so as to catch any hickups coming from them.

great point!!!

i called them weekly after they verified my gpa to make sure everything is being sent to the dental school.

AADSAS has a customer service number, and 800 number so use it!!!!

AND APPLY EARLY!

Members don't see this ad :)
tbone91 said:
ADVICE-don't send AADSAS too early! Last year I applied June 1, "early." However, I did not find out until early September that my application was incomplete because AADSAS never sent out my LOR's and Personal Statement. The LOR's I was not as mad about, but the Personal Statement ruined me. How could they send an entire packet without the statement as part of it? At least the LOR's I could send in again, the Personal Statement had to be re-sent 6 weeks later! Anyways, I fought with AADSAS for nothing, however, I wasn't complete until October and only 1 interview! After a nice month long battle, I found that AADSAS had this mistake with about 30% of their applications submitted between May 15-July 1. My advice, send after the 4th of July. The computer kinks are usually solved by then, so to me, its safer. It's still early too.

This has to be some sort of joke... Early bird always gets the worm.. :laugh:

tbone91 said:

though i understand your frustration with AADSAS, nobody is going to hold your hand in Dental School.

and yes, you paid them money, but you will be paying much more for dental school and if you don't stay on top of your patients to fulfil all the graduation reqs, you will not graduate.

my point: to all the applicants, apply early, but stay on top of your application!

tbone91 said:
Yeah, I heard from Dr. S. from UFCD that you shouldnt send in your application the first week.

howui3 said:
though i understand your frustration with AADSAS, nobody is going to hold your hand in Dental School.

and yes, you paid them money, but you will be paying much more for dental school and if you don't stay on top of your patients to fulfil all the graduation reqs, you will not graduate.

my point: to all the applicants, apply early, but stay on top of your application!

Howui, but how are these people suppposed to ensure that AADSAS is doing their job? Call them to verify it, would they do that?? I know some schools didn't have a phone number or an email add through which you could contact them to check your status. But you're right, it's the applicant's responsibility to make sure the schools who's contact information is available, that they get their stuff in a timely manner. It is unfortunate, that AADSAS failed 30% of the people, that's a rather large contingency.

howui3 said:

I called all the schools and since they were not checking applications until August, they did not inspect all of my app to see if necessary parts like my personal statements were included. they figured that since you can't submit your application without the p.s., that it would be included. basically when i called to check up on apps they said i was received and set, until the committee's sat down and actually looked through my app. and noticed the missing parts

tbone91 said:
I called all the schools and since they were not checking applications until August, they did not inspect all of my app to see if necessary parts like my personal statements were included. they figured that since you can't submit your application without the p.s., that it would be included. basically when i called to check up on apps they said i was received and set, until the committee's sat down and actually looked through my app. and noticed the missing parts

i'm sorry to hear that and i hope you got in this cycle. also, did you send AADSAS feedback about their incompetence?

i had a problem with one of my letters of rec. I called and called, and kept getting a different answer. Finally I got a hold of a nice supervisor and they resent all my letters.

for all those applying now: problems with AADSAS DO arise, so be ready to stay on top of your application. Call both the schools (find their info from their respective websites) and call AADSAS.

good luck!