Relax. Dentists and Current Students - Send in your advice and Good Vibes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sic'emBears

D1
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the post.

Take a deep breath.... annnnnndd relax!

You've all worked hard and you're where you're supposed to be for a reason. Enjoy it.

- Sic'emBears

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
trust the process...

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Y'all are gonna be just fine. Whatever happens, happens. It will all workout in the end. Deep breath, go outside, go workout, find a fun hobby, enjoy family time, just do literally anything. The day is almost here!

And I promise, you're gonna look back on this day and wonder why the heck were you so stressed out. (I did this)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2023-05-11C.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
We've all been there! Trust in all your hard work. As @Mr.Smile12 can attest, committees will see the effort you all have put in.

u can specialize from the cheapest school

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
ALSO come into school with an open mind. Dental School is what you make it.

Reactions: 3 users
Get ready to work.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you currently sitting on 0 acceptances, I know how you feel. Do not give up hope. At this point in my cycle I hadn't even been on a single interview. I received my first and only acceptance to dental school in mid April. Don't be afraid to send update letters showing your interest. A million people can tell you no but as soon as 1 person tells you yes, you've got your ticket to ride. Hang in there. It all works out in the end. Feel free to reach out if this is you and you need words of advice or encouragement.

For those who have gotten in to their dream schools, congratulations! Do not rest on your laurels, your grind has only just begun. You have a highly coveted seat as an incoming D1. Do not take it for granted. Push yourselves each and every day to be the best that you can be so that one day you can be the dentist your patients deserve. You get out of school what you put in. Don't forget to make time for family, friends, and fun though. I still talk to my dental school friends every day. Set high expectations for youself but don't forget what it's all about.

Reactions: 6 users
For those of you currently sitting on 0 acceptances, I know how you feel. Do not give up hope. At this point in my cycle I hadn't even been on a single interview. I received my first and only acceptance to dental school in mid April. Don't be afraid to send update letters showing your interest. A million people can tell you no but as soon as 1 person tells you yes, you've got your ticket to ride. Hang in there. It all works out in the end. Feel free to reach out if this is you and you need words of advice or encouragement.

For those who have gotten in to their dream schools, congratulations! Do not rest on your laurels, your grind has only just begun. You have a highly coveted seat as an incoming D1. Do not take it for granted. Push yourselves each and every day to be the best that you can be so that one day you can be the dentist your patients deserve. You get out of school what you put in. Don't forget to make time for family, friends, and fun though. I still talk to my dental school friends every day. Set high expectations for youself but don't forget what it's all about.

Amen to that

Reactions: 1 user
there are lots of members that are not following the advice on this thread...

Learn to love the minutia and tedium. Listening to all the tributes to Bill Bellichick stepping down and Nick Saban retiring, that is a common thread. Look how that turned out for them (though they obviously weren't dentists, but I'm sure they had to handle so much more stress over the past 20+ years).

Why is there no Nick Saban GIF off this text window?

New England Patriots Football GIF by SportsManias

Reactions: 1 users

Constantly have to tell myself this! Remind yourselves how blessed you all are to be in a position to do a kickass job and help others!