Advice for journals to submit manuscripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lzzhang07

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just make sure when you submit you read the format of the journal. The Red journal vs DDS vs DLD has a different format.

Reactions: 1 user
Just make sure when you submit you read the format of the journal. The Red journal vs DDS vs DLD has a different format.
Thank you for your reply Shishi, yup I will adapt my format for the journal. On the other hand, how much value do you think for pulications in JGH open?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude it’s February. You do not have much time. Just get it in somewhere. It will takes months for acceptance. Don’t wait.

Don’t do all same journal. If you have three papers all in the same Open journal that looks bad. Otherwise, nobody cares.

if your attending actually doesn’t care, I would go for lowest impact journal to increase chance of acceptance before the deadline.

Dude it’s February. You do not have much time. Just get it in somewhere. It will takes months for acceptance. Don’t wait.

Don’t do all same journal. If you have three papers all in the same Open journal that looks bad. Otherwise, nobody cares.

if your attending actually doesn’t care, I would go for lowest impact journal to increase chance of acceptance before the deadline.
Great suggestion! Thank you man!

I have a few IBD manuscripts ready for submission and better to be accepted/published before fellowship application deadline. Have a few candidates and trying to evaluate based on acceptance chance and value added to my application.

Digestive Diseases and Science
Digestive and liver disease

JGH open (seems to be easiest, but is it really accredited as a journal publication?)

Also is it better to submit all papers to one place or different places?
Really appreciate your advice!

Shouldn’t this be a better question for your mentor? Where an article should be submitted is largely dependent on its impact and novelty. Your mentor, who presumably knows the field a bit better should kind of know which journals are likely to accept. The good thing about the higher impact journals is that the editor will often get back to you within a few days if they don’t feel that you have a chance. Even after it goes out for review, most higher impact journals only take 2-4 weeks to first decision.

Reactions: 2 users