Advice for which path to take in the future.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryuk3959

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to graduate with a science and cumulative gpa of 3.0. Took the mcat and got 32. I took a variety of science classes but most of my prerequisite are either b or c, very few a's. I plan to complete a post Bach before med school to improve my chances. Should I consider an undergrad post Bach and retake all the courses to try and get an a. Or should I consider a graduate post Bach program. I was lazy my first 2 years of college, and it wasn't till my junior year, that I started to put in maximum effort and focus. My academic shows an upward trend, but I feel I can still do more even after undergrad to present the best application I possibly can. So now I just have to decide what to do next.

Members don't see this ad.

An SMP is a better investment if you wanna go to an MD school.

Are you open to doing DO? Or do you purely want/prefer MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
An SMP is a better investment if you wanna go to an MD school.
When you say smp does that mean something like a masters of science or a post baccalaureate certificate. Or something more specific.

SMP = Special Masters Program
This is a master's program that is usually linked to MD school. You take the same classes as MD students. If you perform highly 3.75+ you stand a good chance of being accepted. The problem is you have to do very. very well or its game over. A regular MS isn't really an effective way to prove you are up to the rigors of Med School. Grad Schools in general have the reputation for grade inflation.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2