Advice please-where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stramhomr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After discovering this forum and reading many posts, I've gotten up the nerve to post here for some advice. I'm an older non-traditional applicant who has an ok undergraduate GPA and a great graduate GPA, which makes for an average cGPA. I have a PhD in biology, postdoctoral research, was an adjunct assistant professor, have outstanding ECs with a lot of clinical experience and great LoRs. My issue is my horrible MCAT score: 25
(P7/V8/B10). After taking numerous practice tests and doing much better, I was extremely disappointed with this, but can't do much about it now - I submitted my AMCAS before knowing my score b/c I wanted to get it in early assuming my MCAT would be higher. I know I have a few extra things that most applicants don't have, but with my low MCAT I'm worried schools won't even look at the rest and screen me out immediately. I'm from the Midwest and am hoping to stay close to home because of family reasons, but will take all suggestions. Stats and places I've applied to already are below. Any advice on additional schools to apply to is greatly appreciated, as well as secondary advice for the MD schools.

Stats:
Undergrad GPA: 3.42
Grad GPA: 3.82

Applied:
CCOM
KCOM
KCUMB

RFUMS
UM
SLU
KU

Members don't see this ad.

slu is out of your range, their 10th% MCAT is a 30, no way theyll take somebody 5 points below that

i'd add in more DO schools, and Uillinois. their 10th% is 25, but they take a lot of URM and such so that may be why the numbers are skewed.