Advice, please!

justindaman1141

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's my four year plan for high school- please give any helpful advice! I plan on going into the medical field, as a side note.

Freshman
English 1
Algebra 2
Biology
Latin 1
Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW)
Choir

Orchestra
PE/Health

Sophomore
English 2
Pre-Calculus
Chemistry
Latin 2
US History 1
AP Economics
Orchestra or Choir
PE/Health

Junior
AP English Language
AP Calculus 1
AP Chemistry
Latin 3
AP US History
AP Biology
Orchestra or Choir
PE/Health

Senior
AP English Literature
AP Calculus 2
AP Physics 1
AP Latin
World Cultures
Genetics (Advanced AP Bio, basically)
Orchestra or Choir
PE/Health

Notes and concerns:
  • My first AP is intended to get rid of a requirement and prepare me for future APs. Will it be problematic that it's not science?
  • I only have one elective throughout 10th to 12th grade.
  • AP-heavy?
  • All classes are honors level+
  • Should/could I self study AP Economics over the summer and take the test for credit?
  • Too many music electives in 9th grade?
Thank you guys so much!

Members don't see this ad.

it literally doesn't matter....just take the classes you want and get good enough grades to get into a 4yr college

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lel ok, thanks XD

by all means, study and get good grades and don't get in trouble doing anything stupid criminally.....but past that, you are 14, it's ok to be a teenager and enjoy being young

Reactions: 1 user
Wait you can take 8 classes at your high school? Geese. I'm only taking seven and that's the maximum. I didn't even know they offered AP Econ to freshman either. I mean I have to be a senior to get into that class. But I mean I don't think anyone can really tell you how to make your schedule. You just have to look at it with an honest opinion of yourself and see if you can handle the rigor of multiple AP classes and the preparation for all those AP tests on top of studying for your finals

by all means, study and get good grades and don't get in trouble doing anything stupid criminally.....but past that, you are 14, it's ok to be a teenager and enjoy being young

Yeah, ik haha. That being said, is my schedule a lil bit obnoxious?

Wait you can take 8 classes at your high school? Geese. I'm only taking seven and that's the maximum. I didn't even know they offered AP Econ to freshman either. I mean I have to be a senior to get into that class. But I mean I don't think anyone can really tell you how to make your schedule. You just have to look at it with an honest opinion of yourself and see if you can handle the rigor of multiple AP classes and the preparation for all those AP tests on top of studying for your finals

Haha yeah, we can. I wish it were more! I guess I should be grateful though.

They don't- they offer it to sophomores, when I plan to take it- but I understand. Thanks X)

Trust me eight is more than enough. With homework for some sometimes taking till 10pm even when I start right at 3 and having to get up by like 530am to get to school before 7, seven periods are enough.

Trust me eight is more than enough. With homework for some sometimes taking till 10pm even when I start right at 3 and having to get up by like 530am to get to school before 7, seven periods are enough.

Dang! Okay haha thanks!!