COMLEX Advice with a possible of fail comlex PE result before submit ERAS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

closea35006

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
really need some advice here, been stressing out like crazy for a week now since the exam since I have the feeling that I probably fail the PE; crazy anxiety, jet lag, sick, brain fart, hundreds of questions I don't know why I didn't ask for ROS which new ones keep popping up every morning, and being ESL.
Still , I try to bond with the patients as much as I can which seems to go well with probably 8-9/12 of the pt but I doubt that will help me in anyway...

I am so amazed and cannot believe how one exam could cause this much anxiety... can barely eat or sleep for a week now. My parents are thinking of taking me to see psychiatrist... (That bad)

Question is I'm planning to apply for newly approved FM/OMT or IM in the rural CA(Bakersfield) as my priority spot for the 2016. Do you know how much impact it will do to me with If I have the fail PE on the transcript in the AOA world? I'm sure ACGME IM or FM is totally out of the game with it for even a single interview.
Waiting for step 2ck result and taking CE tomorrow

Just want to get some opinion/prepare for the worst...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With those scores and applying to AOA FM, I really doubt that a failure of PE will affect you that much. If you were applying MD derm, then yeah. Just pass it before match comes around. Honestly, I don't think acgme FM or IM is out of the game either.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone thinks they failed. Try to let it go and just see what happens. That said, solid board scores virgin poster! Worse thing that happens is you fail and take it again... and it shouldn't affect you too much for match if you happened to F'd that thing. Would you miss out on a few places? Sure, but as long as you pass it early enough (before rank) and keep kicking major arse on those boards, you'll be golden.

Now go do something fun. Let this $#!+ go!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for being so supportive.
I was not so bad the first couple of days but I made the biggest mistake ever by reading all the "I fail comlex PE" thread and I'm like, " OMG, if they fail, I am more than fail" but

Yea, I have been trying to let them go furiously esp. My CE is tomorrow (still unsure whether I should take it or just cancel it) which hopefully is my last board exam ever during Med school~! (Pray for me)

I hope the fact that program is very new will not be so competitive for my stat :p

Now, I totally understand the "regression" mechanism in psych; have been hugging my parents, and ask them to sleep with me like I am 4 years old everyday.

Hopefully, I'm better by next week before my first away

Just thinking about the fact that you can submit AOA app starting July 15th. So technically, I can kinda submit my comlex transcript earlier without CE and PE result to the ERAS for the match right? Is that a bad thing to do?

Just want to update that I passed :D.
I still didn't believe it myself when I saw the score esp. thinking of how much mistakes I made.

:happy:

Reactions: 1 users