Aerospace Medicine Program this summer...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicine1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to know if anyone has been to the Aerospace Medicine Program, and if so, what was it like? Any comments or suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

medicine1 said:
I just want to know if anyone has been to the Aerospace Medicine Program, and if so, what was it like? Any comments or suggestions?

AMP course is good... San Antonio is fun, lots of things to do if you'd like. The course is interesting, but you do suffer from death by powerpoint. When you get out of the course, you have just been given the basics... It really doesn't enable you to "step" right in and work as a flight doc.. Typically it will take a doc several months to figure out the scheme and by 1 year, most docs have already deployed and are OK with their duties. Really don't have any suggestions b/c it's not like you will find it academically challenging... The survival training is somewhat fun, if you are an athletic/outdoors type, or it may be brutal to you if you are not-- but again, you'll finish it and it's only a couple of days.... Good luck and I hope you got a good assignment!