Alaska Track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone interview for the Alaska track at University of Washington? If so did you have specific interviews for the Alaska track? If so, were the interviews held in Seattle or up in Anchorage?

Members don't see this ad.

You interview in seattle as the first 3 years are there and there is a skype interview with the Alaska PD. I didn't apply for the alaska track but am still considering it.

Interesting. I didn't initially apply for the Alaska track, but now I wish that I had. Did you already do your main track interview?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
no still to come and everyone who applies for seattle track has opportunity to interview for alaska track and idaho track. i think the idaho track you actually have to interview in idaho as well but they pay your expenses. it does sound interesting but you are limited in that all your elective time used up and you cant fast track into child.

That's what I heard, but I've already done my Seattle interview, so it may be too late. On the other hand if the Alaska interview is via Skype, maybe it's not...

I believe they reimburse you up to $300 to interview in Boise from what I remember. I withdrew my application awhile ago though so I'd double check.

I remember you can't fast track if you do the alaska track too. However they were super flexible with the skype interview so if you express interest, I think they would accommodate you if you wanted to apply.

do you get separate rejections for each track? I applied to all 3 tracks and got one rejection from U of W...

do you get separate rejections for each track? I applied to all 3 tracks and got one rejection from U of W...
I'm not sure. I met another applicant who had been rejected from the main track but gotten an interview from Boise. I was under the impression that he had gotten the news about both at the same time, but we were just talking in passing at a completely different program.

Last edited: